Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

P250 \ flight case - follow up, incidental

Dave Horne

I picked up the flight case for my P250. The foam that was used was very stiff and it is near impossible to wedge my hand between the piano and the case to be able to get a grip to lift it out; a long cloth belt under the piano was the solution. I just lift the belt and the piano is lifted as well.

Also, there are four rubber mounts mounted under the P250 for protection if you were to place it on a conventional table. Since the 'foam' was so stiff, those rubber mounts actually damaged the foam. The holes that remained from the removal of the screws that held the rubber mounts in place left an open hole in the case. I assumed the built in speakers needed an airtight enclose so I used a special drill bit so I could countersink the screws. Now the bottom of the piano is completely flat, airtight and that's that.

The interior of the case is a bit too big and I have to go back to store for an additional piece of foam; the piano bounces back and forth when moving. (I also had the same exact problem when I ordered my flight case in the US for my A80.)

I ordered the case with built in wheels and I can already see that was a good decision. I wish I would have had that on my previous case. The saga continues ...

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived