Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question for the Pro Tool users

tdm71

I have a 001 with 5.1.1 for MAC OS9 and I'm wondering how I can open a Digital Performer file in PT. Do I need the OMF tool or the DigiTranslator?? Anyone ever try this before?

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

THANKS

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never done it before, but if you archive your files as .aiff files, put 'em in a folder on a data CD or DVD, and then simply open this up in PT and line 'em all up to the left (time-align, in other words), everything should be fine. I did it this way with transferring files recorded in PT/Digi001 to DP 4 without a hitch, so obviously they would transfer back. BTW, this method is virtually foolproof with just about ANY DAW.

There was a thread about this in Phil O'Keefe's forum recently. I'd suggest doing a search for this thread over there, as there was more information. I gotta run or I'd post a link to it...

I agree with Ken, that's the easiest way to do it. It doesn't have to be .AIF. It can be WAV or SD2. If it's not the native format for the project, PT will just convert the files.

Also if you have a short clip or two on a track and you don't want to create a long bounce of the track, you can always just write down the sample start time of the clip and then SPOT it into the PT editor.

Busch.

Yes, that's true, it doesn't have to be .aiff files. Both read the others. It's just pretty safe to pick since seemingly all the Mac applications read that flawlessly (iTunes, etc.), so I figure that I may as well use that!

Archived