Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT:the new G5's are here

zvenx

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the link: New G5 PowerMacs

It seemed to me that the only "real" addition in the lineup was the 2.5 GHz model, with the other two basically being the existing versions with an 8x Superdrive. On the 2.5 model, though, the increased bus speed (and processor speed, of course) looked like it might gain you a fair amount of power. I'd be curious about the noise factor. The need for liquid cooling on the 2.5 tells you that baby runs way hot. I'm very curious to see whether the liquid cooling means the 2.5 is quieter than the other models or if it is just a necessary addition to keep the 2.5's fans at roughly the same noise levels.

"I don't know anything about music. In my line, you don't have to."

-Elvis Presley (1935-1977)

Originally posted by zvenx:

I guess like many I was expect more. :(

more pci slots, more horsepower......

More horsepower?????????

Take a look at the performance graphic on this page and come back here and complain about horsepower.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

apart from terrible english in my original post :-), I was expecting more horespower.

I am a bit skeptical when apple posts their comparisons, and I am a die hard macintoshite since 1988.

Instead of comparisons of g5 running logic pro and pc's running cubase sx. show me a comparison with both running cubase sx....

what I meant was I was expecting 3.0Ghz machines.

rsp

richard sven

sound sculptist

Instead of comparisons of g5 running logic pro and pc's running cubase sx. show me a comparison with both running cubase sx....

what I meant was I was expecting 3.0Ghz machines.

rsp

Cubase SX is optimized to run on a PC not a Mac. It's actually rather sluggish and buggy on the Mac.

Originally posted by Dan South:

I guess like many I was expect more. :(

more pci slots, more horsepower......

More horsepower?????????

Take a look at the performance graphic on this page and come back here and complain about horsepower.

That's an Apple page. I love the Mac and I love OS X even more, but this is not a very objective page. Within two weeks there will be comparisons by PC builders, that "prove" that PCs are faster, so I don't trust these too.

I think Zvenx's point is, that Apple shouldn't have made a promise they couldn't keep.

And yes, the new G5 will be faaaaast.

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

Archived