Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you use OS X?? Read this

TC Works has just released updates to their Spark audio editors - including Spark ME, which is FREE, as in beer... If you haven't tried it yet, you should. It's a nice little editor, and you can upgrade to more complete versions if you need more. But, for a free application, it's one of the best I've seen. :thu: :thu: http://www.tcworks.de/home/content/en/PRODUCTS/spark/SparkME_X/render_top

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of free music apps for OSX, I just accidentally stumbled across this one at Apple's site, looks like it was just added today in fact.. http://www.sonophile.com/ [quote] About DeKstasy DeKstasy is for all levels of DJs, but specifically targeted at pros and amateurs performing live. Don’t be fooled by the fact that this is free software. This product was conceived and created primarily for live performances. Using your existing mixer and output hardware (or the standard onboard Macintosh output), the software replaces the functionality of your turntables and records with a slick interface and MP3 files. With DeKstasy you can: * Encode and import tracks from Audio CDs or records, or simply import pre-existing MP3’s. * Analyze a file’s BPM and create an exact beat signature for TRUE beat matching. * Play tracks on four virtual decks, all at once and all perfectly synced up. * Automatically beat match to any external audio signal — makes tag-teaming a breeze! * Easily loop sections of playing tracks, all live and in real time. * Carry around hours and hours worth of music, all on your laptop; a 20GB drive will give you over 200 hours of music encoded at high quality. * Visually set up the mix without worrying about the synchronization of the tracks, allowing you to stay focused on the mixer and not on the decks. * Organize all your tracks into virtual Crates and Albums. [/quote]I haven't tried it yet but I plan to. Sounds pretty interesting, and it's hard to argue with free :thu:

Archived