Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzwiel will stop????

Eriknie

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Synthoid:

Please refer to the current "Kurzweil Rumor" post on this forum. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt. :rolleyes:

Please DON'T refer to the "Kurzweil Rumor" topic. Theres no way to know the real story until it happens.

Synthoid, I respectfully request that you stop propogating the same rumors and referring folks to your threads on this subject. I understand you are very eager to get to the bottom of this issue. I am too. But until we see something official from Kurzweil or Samick, most or all of these discussions are just hearsay. Its frustrating to see you post the same gossip repeatedly, even on multiple internet forums.

The thread at Sonikmatter (referenced by Paul's post) is also based largely on hearsay. But it's a thread created specifically to show Samick that users want to see continued development from Kurzweil. That thread would be a great place to show support without triggering more uncertainty.

Keven Spargo, Sound Designer

www.ksounds.com

Quality sounds for Yamaha, Korg, Kurzweil and Kontakt formats

I'm not trying to continue anything....... :rolleyes:

After seeing yet ANOTHER post on this topic, I figured it would be easier to direct the person to what we already know, instead of rehashing it all again.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Not only are most of the posts full of rumor and hearsay, but also incorrect information, such as the "fact" that Samick now owns Young Chang, which they don't. They DID buy a 46.5% share interest in the company and are the largest single shareholder, but they are not the sole ownership.

For those people that think that Samick makes crap instruments and is going to turn Kurzweil into the same, consider that Samick also has a very diverse electronics interest, and they also manufacture Epiphone guitars and own Bechstein piano manufacturing. With the aquisition of Young Chang, they are now the only corporation today that has price range width in the piano market as they do, ranging from the very low end to the middle priced (now with Young Chang and Pramberger pianos), to the high end with Bechstein.

I am still optimistic about the future of Kurzweil Music Systems. The transition period that is happening right now is something they should have done years ago in consolidating their workforce into one centralized location so that it can become much more effecient and we will hopefully when they say "we'll have it ready in 6 months", we'll see new products in 6 months instead of two years later. The influx of new and more resources from a large parent like Samick seems like a good thing to me, especially when those resources are demanded in trade for promises like 1% maximum factory failure rating in quality control.

Once the dust settles, I believe Kurzweil is going to come out kicking ass like never before. I could be wrong; this is just MHO. :thu:

Edit: Apparently my humor about the "Kurzweil Rumour" was lost on a few people in the previous thread. Try looking at that Kurzweil effects processor page again, Synthoid, and read about the units a little closer. Hint: the names of them :P

Brett G.

Hall Piano Company, Inc.

Metairie, Louisiana

Kurzweil Keyboard Dept. Manager

"My dream is to have sex in odd time signatures." - J. Rudess

They won't be; their plans are to continue forward and keep doing what they do best. Once the transition period is settled, I'm glad to say things won't be back to normal; they'll be up to what Kurzweil should have been since the beginning.

I wish I could say more, but they told me they'd kill me if I did. :thu:

Brett G.

Hall Piano Company, Inc.

Metairie, Louisiana

Kurzweil Keyboard Dept. Manager

"My dream is to have sex in odd time signatures." - J. Rudess

Archived