Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland XP30-Rotary Spekear question

kalpajazz

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roland XP's actually have a pretty decent Leslie sim. You can edit several paramaters (but not hi-low crossover frequency, unfortunately, and it's set too high)- but the key is running separation up to 127. Now, don't just use your left out, or you're combining the left and right signals and you're back to a watery sounding Leslie. If you need a mono signal (like if you're gigging) use the right out. It also sounds better to me to slow down the fast speeds a little, but you can mess around with all the paramaters till you get it sounding best to you.

When editing with this Roland interface (and I used to do this a lot when I had an XP-50), I found it much easier to get around by holding the "Shift" button and using the cursors rather than going into edit mode. That way, the tone select and on-off buttons are still active. Give it a try and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, what he said. I find that lower acceleration values (slower rate of change when moving from slow to fast and vice versa), than the stock settings can help. Also I like to put some noisy waveforms in (B53: Spectrum, A 255: VoxNoise) at very low volumes. I like the XP leslies also.

Best,

Jerry

Thanks for the tips!!!

I like the roland leslie, but Korg trinity sound better in my opinion (with speaker simulator, overdrive, etc), but in the xp find more B3 samples and better synth engine.

Bill: " I found it much easier to get around by holding the "Shift" button and using the cursors rather than going into edit mode"...cooooool !!!!!!!

Well... Tanks!

Archived