Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hung out with a fellow SSS'er last night

Just thought I'd give a shout-out to Christopher Kemp and his lovely wife... they came to a party at my place last night and, as per the other couple of times I've hung out with them, really enjoyed their company! Just another reminder of how many cool people I've met from these forums, and why it's worth keeping them vital (and troll-free). :) Nice to see ya again Chris, let's do it again soon! :wave: And any of the rest of youse, if you ever get the chance to meet Christopher, do it - he's good people!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aww, gee - I'm flattered! ;) I gotta say, we had a hell of a lot of fun! Saw Lee's band play again, as well as Orange Hat - who just totally killed me!! Vibey, funny - [b]very[/b] cool! We heard some of Lee's roomate's band too, which was great - it was getting a bit late for us early risin' parental folk, so we had to cut early. But it was well worth it, and I'm glad we were invited! I don't have to tell most of you this, but Lee's definitely good people too - well worth hanging out with. Lee, I'm looking forward to doing lunch soon - maybe later this week? (Turns out she lives about 10 mins. from my job.) See ya soon! :wave:

In a few months, one of my bandmates and I are planning a coffehouse/open mic tour to promote our (forthcoming we hope) CD and our band. The other two guys are more tied down than we are. I've thought of a straight south start thru Wichita, Oklahoma, and then to a friend's in Austin. I'd like to then head SE toward Houston and Lousiana, then maybe Georgia and back up thru Tennessee. I'm planning on outfitting my van for camping,as Charlie and I both like to camp. On the way, it would be great to see the likes of Duke, Lee, Christopher, C.M., Patrick and lots of you other SSS'ers. More about this later as plans come together. Happy Holidays and namaste, Henry "He not busy being born Is busy dyin'." - Dylan

He not busy being born

Is busy dyin'.

...Bob Dylan

[quote]Originally posted by wrave: [b]Ummm, Lee? "Youse"? I thought you were a southern belle?[/b][/quote]LOL... actually, I'm from Los Angeles, although I've lived in Atlanta for 10 years. I also lived in Massachusetts for awhile as a kid and later in New York for a short time. So I'm equally comfortable with "youse," "y'all," or "omigod you guys, like, totally!" :D

[quote]Originally posted by ChristopherKemp: [b]I gotta say, we had a hell of a lot of fun! Saw Lee's band play again, as well as Orange Hat - who just totally killed me!! Vibey, funny - [b]very[/b] cool![/b][/quote]Yeah, Orange Hat are the shit, I figured you'd like them. You should get their CD, it kicks ass! Their web site is http://www.orangehat.com . [quote][b] Lee, I'm looking forward to doing lunch soon - maybe later this week? (Turns out she lives about 10 mins. from my job.) [/b][/quote]Sure! Just give me a call... :)

Archived