Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Terratec EWS 88MT - Anyone use this card?

I'm looking for opinions from people who use the Terratec EWS 88MT. It is an 8in-8out audio 24 bit/96K audio interface made in Germany. What I've found on the web has been all pretty positive. And it looks like they have all the driver types that matter to me (ASIO, WDM, Win 2000 & XP support), and a Midi port. But I want to see if anyone here has had experiences (good or bad) before I commit to buying one. Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey philbo, I answered the same question over on ProRec but here it is again. I have the EWS 88D which is the digital version of the M/T. Same installation, same control panel, etc. The card works great and is distributed by Fostex now and their support is great. The bad news is the installation CD had the wrong install program, the manual pointed to a program on the CD that didn't exist, and the two included multitrack software programs, Emagic Micrologic and Sek'd Samplitude simply do not work. The card, however, was a breeze to install and works as advertised.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

If I am using the SPDIF inputs, I use my DAT converters. I use my ADAT to convert to lightpipe inputs for eight track digital. I figured since I already had the equipment with decent converters, I just needed a digital card and at $190 I think I did good. I will eventually get a good eight channel A/D converter that I can connect to my eight bus board balanced outs and go to the computer but for now, the ADAT/DAT system works good.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Archived