Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

short power cables for racks

Byrdman

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually look for specialized rack stuff at Graybar. That's typically in an IT context rather than a music context. They are not cheap, but they carry tons of stuff. But their online catalog isn't too good, I just go to the store.

I did find this with a Google search:

web page

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

I've shortened a lot of my cables myself by cutting, soldering, and insulating with heat-shrink tubing. This lets you keep the molded connectors. If you don't have the skills, maybe you have a good tech friend?

:idea: Also, if you follow the logic of the high-end cable-crazed crowd, the reduction of impedance by shortening your power cables will make everything in your rack perform better! (Now, you can't actually measure the difference, but I'm sure you can hear it if you listen long enough. ;)

Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

'When I lived in the US I would buy my cables from a few places ... American Musical Supply was one. I vaguely remember the smaller pre made sizes being one foot and three feet. I also remember making my own.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Archived