Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dave, regarding KC Comp 7/8 payment for copies

FrankieP

Dave,

I know the compilation(s) are yet to be sequenced and mastered. I know it may take a while til it goes off to be pressed. But would you be willing to accept payment now for 2 copies as i'm about to take a trip to Tokyo in a week. Will be there for a month and I figured i'd send you a check now while i'm here. How much would that be BTW?

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FrankieP:

Okay,

I'll be lugging along a laptop and I guess I could tap in the internet from time to time. Sounds good! But are you still accepting payments via Paypal? That would solve my problem.

Here's the problem, Frankie -

I'm still not sure how I'm going to be handling duplication this time.

There's a detailed post in the main Vol. 7/8 thread - it's the first one, actually - that describes a possible new method of duplicating/distributing the CDs. If I elect to use this method, I won't be accepting any payments at all - you'd pay Discmakers directly.

I need to consult with Steve Jordan about doing things this way, but I am leaning towards it. If I decide to try this, then you can order as few or as many of each disc any time you want.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by FrankieP:

Okay,

I'll be lugging along a laptop and I guess I could tap in the internet from time to time. Sounds good! But are you still accepting payments via Paypal? That would solve my problem.

Here's the problem, Frankie -

I'm still not sure how I'm going to be handling duplication this time.

There's a detailed post in the main Vol. 7/8 thread - it's the first one, actually - that describes a possible new method of duplicating/distributing the CDs. If I elect to use this method, I won't be accepting any payments at all - you'd pay Discmakers directly.

I need to consult with Steve Jordan about doing things this way, but I am leaning towards it. If I decide to try this, then you can order as few or as many of each disc any time you want.

dB

Dave,

I think having a third party vendor is a great idea and one that takes a whole section of work away from you and your loyal volunteers.

BTW, For those of us who don't have a complete "collection" of the previous compilation cd's... is it possible to add them to Diskmaker's offerings? That way anyone wanting ANY of the Compilations could get a copy without having to beg someone for a dupe?

guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

Originally posted by guitplayer:

I think having a third party vendor is a great idea and one that takes a whole section of work away from you and your loyal volunteers.

That's only part of it, Michael. The other big draw for me is that we don't have to worry about fixed quantities/runs.

Also, it appears that the Discmakers option would cost everyone less...that'd be cool... :thu:

TW, For those of us who don't have a complete "collection" of the previous compilation cd's... is it possible to add them to Diskmaker's offerings? That way anyone wanting ANY of the Compilations could get a copy without having to beg someone for a dupe?
Yeah, I've thought about that as well...

If we use them this time and if people dig it, then perhaps we can look into that. IIRC, the art work has to be done on their templates, though - so, Steve might have to redo the art too make that work.

We'll see how Volume 7 goes...I expect to be able to send that off shortly, so the time has come to deal with this...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Archived