Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

price check

Dave Horne

I'm thinking about buying a new keyboard to replace some of my equipment and I might be selling my Akai S5000 sampler (among other things).

I took a look at Ebay and the price for one there was extrememly low. For those of you who own a S5000, what do you think would be the range of prices for one in perfect condition with a 4 gig hd and 256 megs of RAM.

Don't spam me - I'm not trying to sell it here, I will probably trade it in if and when I buy a new keyboard. I'm just curious what you think the low and high price might be.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave,

I bought one when it was new, and I was a little surprised to see how quickly they sank in price, especially since the ak.sys software essentially makes it a software sampler. I just bought two more with 256 megs of RAM and the USB card for $500 each (64 voice, 8 outs, no fx).

"For instance" is not proof.

Yes Dave, that' right. I keep turning away people who want to trade us their old S-6000, EMU E-4 Ultras, and even Akai's newer Z4 and Z8 for peanuts, but we'd get stuck with those if we accepted the trade-ins.

Expect to bring in no more than 500/600 euros for that. If you're lucky.

Max Ventura, Italy.

Archived