Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

S90 users: another sinth on top of it

mooghead

Hi everybody, to Eric for example who seems to have used the S90...

I have a Nord Electro 73, among other toys...I'd like to sell something to get a S90.

My rig could be S90 with Electro on top and NL3 on the right. I play seated.

MY QUESTION IS:

is it possible to stack a sinth on top of the S90 and having it: 1- flat (not tilted) and 2- with its keys not too far from the keyboard of the S90

A usable configuration? With which stands for playing seated?

Your comments welcome.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mooghead:

is it possible to stack a synth on top of the S90 and having it: 1- flat (not tilted) and 2- with its keys not too far from the keyboard of the S90

A usable configuration? With which stands for playing seated?

Directly on top? No. However, I use an Ultimate Support IQ-2000 to get an Andromeda as close as possible, just the way you described. It does block some of the S90's panel, but from a sitting position it is very usable. Email me at AOL and I will send you pics (or if someone would show me how to upload pics here it would certainly help!).

I love my S90, but it's design is a little frustrating in that nothing stays put on top. Even sheet music slides down over the keytops. Might be intentional to discourage using all of that real-estate for drinks, etc.

Plan on getting a multi-tier stand.

Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

Great question! I wish I could give you a more satisfying answer. If you want to sit and play with the Electro and S90 stacked, you may have some trouble reaching the Electro. I don't believe this is a problem specific to this rig and you would probably have issues reaching the 2nd keyboard of any rig from a seated/stacked configuration.

I use Invisible stands and play standing, which works great. I can squeeze them pretty tight. Here's a shot of my home rig. My gig stand actually has less space between the two keyboards, so the Electro basically rests directly on top of the S90. This will give you a good idea of how close they can sit together:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/eslawson/s90_electro.JPG

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eric

Archived