Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Universal Editor/Librarian for Windows

Yamis

Some time ago, I was looking for a Universal Editor/Librarian for Windows XP. I looked at Emagic's Soundiver but at the time it was not Windows compatible. I see that they are now supporting Windows (don't know if they support Windows XP). I also see that there is another product out there that works the same as Soundiver. It is called Midi Quest. I have a Yamaha S80, Alesis QS7.1, a Korg MS2000R and a VOCE V5. Can anyone suggest a good Universal Editor/Librarian that is Windows XP compatible and will meet my needs? Thanks for any input.
Yamis

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I downloaded the Midiquest demo again today thinking maybe its been updated since the last time I downloaded it (6 months). Terrible. Crashed several times. The patch editors are difficult to work with and inconsistent in common operations between modules. The Z1 editor for example is not laid out in any logical fashion as far as I see it. I can't grab a value and scroll consistently. This thing sucks IMO. Or maybe they just havent updated the demo (dumb) and the real version is much improved. I'll check it out at NAMM.

SoundDiver was Windows compatible for years, but it's not now. It looks like MOTU's Unisyn has a new version coming out soon, it's not bad. I've generally had good luck getting older programs to run in XP in compatibility mode, so you might have luck with an older copy of SD or Unisyn.

I use SD with Win XP very successfully. It's got some things I don't care for but it is the best thing out there I've seen. I'm just always keeping my eye on alternatives as SD is no longer supported on the PC. I 've never tried Unisyn and would hesitate to do so since MOTU was terrible supporting(updating drivers, console softwre etc.) their MTP-AV interface for PC. I sold them last year. Of cours I may be headed back to Mac-ville eventually.

Thanks for the input. I guess I am still in a hold position. Someone out there must make a Universal Editor/Librarian that is Windows XP compatible and is supported. I will stay in hold mode until I get further feedback or my continued research comes up with something. Thanks again for your input.
Yamis

Archived