Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wednesday Morning at 3:00 AM - Simon and Garfunkel appreciation day

Dan South

Bridge Over Troubled Water, what a great piano part. I think my favorite S&G song is The Sounds Of Silence. Or is it Song For America. Or For Emily Whenever I May Find Her. Too many good songs to choose only one!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in the process of transcribing the piano part to "bridge over troubled water" (Live version) - really getting my butt kicked. What a great song.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Dan South:

Or is it Song For America.

Isn't that a Kansas tune/album title? ;)

Bridge Over Troubled Water is a major fave of mine to play in the piano...wonderful piece of music.

Scarborough Fair/Canticle also bears mentioning as a great S&G tune, as does The Boxer (one of my favorite tunes to play on acoustic guitar).

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• 2 weeks later...

Rod S - are you transcribing the actual piano part as played on the recordings? You can buy PVC (Piano, Voice, Chords) 'official' transcriptions - but the piano part has the melody line and bass line, etc etc in it! If you do the actual piano part, could you let me know if I could somehow get a copy?

Thanks

Originally posted by IZCool:

Rod S - are you transcribing the actual piano part as played on the recordings? You can buy PVC (Piano, Voice, Chords) 'official' transcriptions - but the piano part has the melody line and bass line, etc etc in it! If you do the actual piano part, could you let me know if I could somehow get a copy?

Thanks

Well, most of the transcriptions I've seen suck. I was recently transcribing Elton John's "I guess that's why they call it the Blues", I got hold of 2 different sheet music, and both stink - they completely failed to capture the bluesy feel of the song and the licks, they turned it into a boring 4/4 rock tune. Plus, I'm doing more as an exercise than anything else. In any case, I doubt they really transcribed it with all the nuances that Richard Tee was playing.

I'm transcribing the Central Park concert version. It's kind of a long term project since there's other things I'm doing as well. But I'll let you know once I get to a reasonable point.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Dan South:

Or is it Song For America.

Isn't that a Kansas tune/album title? ;)

dB

I think the S & F tune was just called America. Yes re-did it in the 70s.
There are no stupid questions but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots!

Archived