Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Volume Pedal Noise!

I have a buddy that has a volume pedal for his bass and it's making a crackling dirty almost bad connection sound when you move it. Could it be a bad potentionmeter in the pedal or is it just really dirty, what would be the best cleaner for that. Also it't not any of the cables going into it!! Dave

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try the above first, but I know first hand that there's a lot of worthless volume pedals out there. Back when I played pedal steel I went thru [i]four[/i] of them before I found one that (a) wasn't noisy, and (b) lowered the volume all the way to zero. Does he have a new pedal?

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[quote]Originally posted by tnb: [b]Do you guys know of a good volume pedal? I was horribly unhappy with my Earnie Ball volume pedal.[/b][/quote]That's the one I always hearing about being the cat's whiskers.
I really don't know what to put here.

Remember that pots are lubed to prevent them from wearing out from friction. Caig makes a cleaner for pots I think but in many cases it is best to just put a new pot in. I go through a pot in about two years in my Vox Wah Wah and I tried cleaning them for years but after cleaning they don't last very long.

Mac Bowne

G-Clef Acoustics Ltd.

Osaka, Japan

this may seem like a stupid question, but what's the point of a volume pedal? wouldn't you just change the setting on the guitar/bass circuit or amp? unless you need to change at real time [i]during[/i] a song... but i can't see why you'd need to do that... and if you really did, you could just play harder/softer to get a louder/quieter noise... anyways, i'm probably missing something, and im gunna be made to look stupid, but better to have found out than kept quiet and never learnt.
- roses on your breath but graveyards on your soul -

Archived