Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

QS8 and USB

lucasdopandeiro

hi all,

i have a qs8 and want to use it as a controller with my powerbook. i have a Momentum uConnect USB-to-Serial that i use to plug qs8 serial port to my powerbook usb port. but, oms doesnt recognize it! i have an old midi time piece that oms doesnt recognize too. is there a way to connect my qs8 to my computer without having to buy a usb midi interface? i live in brazil, and even the little 2-channel midiman is kind of expensive.

hope you understand all my writing!

lucas reis

lucas reis

rio de janeiro

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by lucasdopandeiro:

hi all,

i have a qs8 and want to use it as a controller with my powerbook. i have a Momentum uConnect USB-to-Serial that i use to plug qs8 serial port to my powerbook usb port. but, oms doesnt recognize it! i have an old midi time piece that oms doesnt recognize too. is there a way to connect my qs8 to my computer without having to buy a usb midi interface? i live in brazil, and even the little 2-channel midiman is kind of expensive.

hope you understand all my writing!

lucas reis

I gather that your powerbook lacks a serial port and that is why you have the usb to serial adapter.

Have you tried flipping from mac to pc mode on the back of the QS8? Pluis of course you have to make sure you have the correct setting selected in the global configuration.

Archived