Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Smoking ban in clubs ! ! !

stoo schultz

If someone wants to destroy their lungs with tobacco, destroy their liver with alcohol, or destroy their heart with saturated fats, that's up to them. The only issue that makes smoking different from the others is this -

- If there are a hundred people in a room, and ONE of them is drinking alcohol, the alcohol only affects one liver.

- If there are a hundred people in a room, and ONE of them is eating ribs, the saturated fat in the ribs affects only one heart.

- If there are a hundred people in a room, and ONE of them is smoking, the smoke affects ONE HUNDRED SETS OF LUNGS.

Smokers, you have EVERY RIGHT to inhale smoke, but you have NO RIGHT to poison others with your smoke. This is true of bar patrons, co-workers, and especially your family members and children in your house or your car.

I am glad that I can finally enjoy going to a club to see music or have a beer with friends without being subjected to the once omnipresent tyranny of cigarette smoke. I think that it would be really cool if bars could have little airtight pods where smokers could go to enjoy tobacco, then press a button and have a fan suck all of the toxins out of the building. But until bars install such equipment, please have an ounce of consideration for others and SMOKE OUTSIDE.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad my friends who smoke are considerate, and not like djwayne. Or is that djsmokestack? They don't smoke in my house or in my car. They don't even ask. Coworkers even ask for the non-smoking section in restaurants when I am with them.

So I want to make sure the smokers here do understand that their consideration is appreciated. Thankfully, not everyone is a djwayne.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Rabid:

I am glad my friends who smoke are considerate, and not like djwayne. Or is that djsmokestack? They don't smoke in my house or in my car. They don't even ask. Coworkers even ask for the non-smoking section in restaurants when I am with them.

So I want to make sure the smokers here do understand that their consideration is appreciated. Thankfully, not everyone is a djwayne.

Robert

Like making personal attacks eh ?? You don't have to worry about me smoking at your house, cause I'd never go there. You don't have to worry about restaurants either, it would be a waste of my time and money. Too bad there's a select few posters here that can't stay on the subject of keyboards, and feel they have to plug their agenda. Maybe you should go back to suing 12 year old little girls........

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Originally posted by djwayne:

Like making personal attacks eh ?? ........

I hope you took it as a personal attack, and I hope you see how silly it is. Throughout this thread you have made statements like "Get lost" or "Drop dead." You have thrown more personal attacks than anyone else, and when someone gets the better of you then the reply is that we should all get back to the topic of keyboards. Other smokers have probably been too embarrassed to appear in this tread from fear of being linked to your militaristic attitude and idiotic mentality. I don't remember ever calling anyone here stupid before, but you are an exceptional person in this regard. It makes me wonder if you serious with your replies or are you just joking? Are you a troll or are you really this confrontational in life? I know there are some real mental cases on the loose but it is hard to judge one from a distance. However, I am happy to keep my distance. You push the "Ohio attitude" to the extreme.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Rabid:

Originally posted by djwayne:

Like making personal attacks eh ?? ........

I hope you took it as a personal attack, and I hope you see how silly it is. Throughout this thread you have made statements like "Get lost" or "Drop dead." You have thrown more personal attacks than anyone else, and when someone gets the better of you then the reply is that we should all get back to the topic of keyboards. Other smokers have probably been too embarrassed to appear in this tread from fear of being linked to your militaristic attitude and idiotic mentality. I don't remember ever calling anyone here stupid before, but you are an exceptional person in this regard. It makes me wonder if you serious with your replies or are you just joking? Are you a troll or are you really this confrontational in life? I know there are some real mental cases on the loose but it is hard to judge one from a distance. However, I am happy to keep my distance. You push the "Ohio attitude" to the extreme.

Robert

You morons are the ones keeping this stupid off topic thread alive, I would have been happy to see it die a long time ago, but noooo, you gotta push your agenda on everybody.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

Archived