Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AES NYC - Dinner, anyone?

Dave Bryce

So, shall we try and do a forum get-together in NYC for the AES show? If so, I'm gonna need to put a night aside for that now....

I can do either Friday evening or Sunday evening. ADAM is going to be co-hosting a party Sunday night at the Lakeside Lounge, so if we decide to do it that night, the earlier the better.

We'd also need a point person in the NYC area to scout out and choose a restaurant - anyone wanna volunteer?

It would be nice to do this across all the forums, but I'm thinking that might be a little complicated, and I don't want to try and coordinate that. How do y'all feel about that?

BTW - the AES folks usually send me a bunch of cards that get people into the show for free...anyone who needs a few should let me know.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Soundscape Studios:

Just when I thought I could make it, I realize that Sat. & Sun. is Sukkos (Jewish holiday).

Is that the lulav/etrog one, or is that Shavuos? I could never keep those two straight... ;)

Sorry you won't be able to make it...I look forward to seeing you at the show anyway!

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by Soundscape Studios:

Just when I thought I could make it, I realize that Sat. & Sun. is Sukkos (Jewish holiday).

Is that the lulav/etrog one, or is that Shavuos? I could never keep those two straight... ;)

Sorry you won't be able to make it...I look forward to seeing you at the show anyway!

dB

You got it! Sukkos is the one where we take a palm branch(lulav), and esrog(citron) and shake rattle and roll!

We also build small huts outside (a sukkah), and eat, sleep in 'em for 7 days. Wild!

Okay -

It's now official. We (ADAM Audio) will be co-sponsoring the party at the Lakeside Lounge about which I spoke earlier in the thread. It'll be on Sunday night (10/12) from 9 PM until 1 AM. Anyone who is interested in attending will need to come and see me at the ADAM booth (#1004) for passes; which, since it'll be an open bar, will be the only way to get in.

There will, of course, be live music. :thu:

dB

Originally posted by Magpel:

Dave, you're announcing that party in addition to the prospect of KC get together? I hope so.

Absolutely.

No matter which night we do dinner, all forum folk will certainly be invited to attend the party - if our dinner ends up being on Sunday, we'll just try to eat around seven or so, then move to the party from there.

Should be...fun. :thu::cool::D

dB

Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound:

Friday or Sunday works for me....

Excellent. Glad you'll be able to make it - wouldn't be the same without ya!

I can't miss that ADAM party too! ;)

I expected no less... ;)

dB

Okay...

I was waiting to see if anyone who worked in NYC but commuted preferred Friday to Sunday evening since they were already gonne be in town. Since no one has spoken up, I'm gonna suggest that we call it for Sunday evening, and just make a whole night of it combined with the party at the Lakeside Lounge.

Is everyone cool with Sunday?

dB

Sunday is fine (Monday after the show ends would be best for me) but I'll do my best to make it on whatever day is chosen.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Originally posted by Emmanuel:

IM new Here but i will like to get together with some of the people from the Forum.... please let me know how to get the tickets and where are we meeting.

If you want to go to AES, you can buy tickets to the show at the Javits Center - they're not too expensive. As to meeting up with us, we still have to figure out where. Stay tuned.

dB

Archived