Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Live Keyboard Setup

Kaptain Karl

So I know the studio setup both audio and MIDI. What I need to know is what is used to control program/patch changes for a multi keyboard setup live. This would be on a per song basis nothing needs to change during a song, yet, or follow sync of any sort. Does one just need a MIDI foot controller or a MidiTimepiece or ?. The setup will contain a Waldorf XTK, Nord Lead 3 and Lead 2. The programs/patches are setup for each, layers/splits etc. Just curious what's available and what is reliable.

peace

k

"When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces,,...I just know they're about to jab me with something." -Homer J. Simpson

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, a MIDI Timepiece or much simpler MIDI patchbay is probably the simplest and least error prone solution for you. You send a patch change from one of your keyboards, and the patchbay does the rest.

Alternately, you could do it without a patchbay if your keyboards can respond to patch changes on a channel that is not the base MIDI channel. That way, you could configure the boards in an out-thru-thru scheme and put the correct patches for each keyboard in the same memory location, preferably in the set list order.

"For instance" is not proof.

Archived