Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SF Bay area visit

Dave Bryce

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave the Rave:

Where in the "Bay Area" are you proposing Dave, up in SF or down the peninsula a bit? (not that it matters much).

I'm up for whatever the majority wants. I'll be working at Leo's in Oakland, but I'm just as comfortable crossing the San Mateo bridge as I am crossing the Bay Bridge...

Marv, I may be gone by the evening of the 13th...are you not available on Friday the 12th?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Marv, I may be gone by the evening of the 13th...are you not available on Friday the 12th?

Unfortunately, I can't do the 12th. My wife will be out of town and I'm Mr. Momming it. If I miss you this time I'll see you in January!

Marv

I'd definitely love to do this. I may have a pretty busy weekend, though -- the 11th is my wife's birthday (yes, 9/11). I have two gigs on Sunday.

So...don't plan the date around me, but I'll keep it on my calendar and hopefully I'll work it out. It would be great to see our esteemed moderator again. Plus, I don't think I've met ANY of the other local KC'ers. Funny how it takes an out-of-town visitor to make us get together! :D

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Originally posted by Dave

... the 11th is my wife's birthday (yes, 9/11).

Mine too. Tell her I know how she feels. I'm tired of the uncomfortable silence and unnecessary condolences that comes after I've told someone my date of birth. It sucks having your birthday on such a horrific day. I think I'll change it to the 12th.

I hate you guys. I really do... :)

I was hoping for some kind of SF MP get together while I was up in that area... no deal.

I`m jealous. :D Enjoy!

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Originally posted by Rod S:

I was hoping for some kind of SF MP get together while I was up in that area... no deal.

Hmmm. I don't remember seeing that Rod. I would have done it for sure.

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Dave Pierce:

Originally posted by Rod S:

Hmmm. I don't remember seeing that Rod. I would have done it for sure.

--Dave

Don't feel bad... :) I left the bay area way before a lot of the current folks joined the forum - I think I left Nov 2001.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Ah-ha, I found the old thread - BUMP :thu: ....and I see your visit is not next week after all. Are your plans for this sortie still intact?

Unfortunately, not...it seems I must work that evening as well - it turns out that I'll need to do a dinner thing with George Peterson from Mix.

If any of you guys wanna come to Leo's to say hi, that would be cool. I'll be there from 5-7 on Friday 9/12, and 11-1 on Saturday, 9/13.

Dave, if I get my recording done over this weekend and fedex a cd to you, will it still be in time for KC#6?
Certainly.

You don't need to Fedex it, either - I'm not in a big hurry. As it turns out, we haven't gotten many submissions, so I'm in no rush to formally close the submission period.

dB

Where is Leo's Dave? Got a website or address for them? I may make a trip up there with a friend.

I think the reason there haven't been many submissions to KC#6 yet is because, like I found, when you actually record yourself playing live and listen to it later, it's a bit of an eye (ear?) opener! Bum notes and poor time keeping etc.... in my case, more practice was definately indicated, so I have been putting in many hours doing that late nights recently! Hope it pays off on my next attempt to record it...

Cheers for now,

:DTR

Where is Leo's Dave? Got a website or address for them? I may make a trip up there with a friend.

Please do! Leo's is a great place, if you've never checked it out; plus, I really like meeting forum folk, so I sincerely hope that you can make it!

Leo\'s web site

dB

Originally posted by geekgurl:

This will belie my newbie status on this board, but Dave, what will you be doing at Leo's? A demo or seminar, or ...?

I'm the US distributor for ADAM monitors . I'll be doing in-store demos up there.

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

If any of you guys wanna come to Leo's to say hi, that would be cool. I'll be there from 5-7 on Friday 9/12, and 11-1 on Saturday, 9/13.

You're killin' me! I might be in town then for some tracking sessions, and this of course, provides an opportunity to revisit the idea of a forum trip to Pac Bell Park.

The Giants host the Brewers on Friday at 7, and Saturday at 1... From the East Bay (Leo's) the ferry is by far the best way to get to the park, but it's going to be leaving Jack London/Alameda a little early for you (unless you can escape a little earlier than your stated times).

I might be able to score some ridiculously good seats, since a friend of a good friend of mine works with the Brewers. I probably can't accomodate a huge gang, but there's a decent chance I can get a handful of us into foul-ball head's-up territory behind the dugout.

Of course, I should probably make sure I'm actually going to be there before I promise anything, but it is lookin' likely enough to at least mention it and see if it could work.

-dave

DAVE GREENBERG

SONOPOD MASTERING

Originally posted by dave-G:

You're killin' me! I might be in town then for some tracking sessions, and this of course, provides an opportunity to revisit the idea of a forum trip to Pac Bell Park.

The Giants host the Brewers on Friday at 7, and Saturday at 1... From the East Bay (Leo's) the ferry is by far the best way to get to the park, but it's going to be leaving Jack London/Alameda a little early for you (unless you can escape a little earlier than your stated times).

Sadly, I don't see it happening - we appear to be incompatible from a temporal point of view (as far as my presence is concerned, anyway).

First of all, there's no way that I could get out of Leo's early - I'm only there for two short periods as it stands, and supporting them is pretty important to me.

The next obstacle is that Leo's is a pretty fair jaunt away from JL Square - they're at 55th and Telegraph. Even if I go straight up MLK drive instead of messing with The Maze ( :eek: ), it'll still take me an hour and change (at the very least) to make it to the park - especially on Friday night.

Also, I've already committed to George Peterson on Friday night, and I don't think I can change my flight on Saturday afternoon.

...grumble grumble...doesn't look good...

dB

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to remind any of you in the area who have the time and inclination that I'll be at Leo\'s in Oakland this Friday (3-5 PM) and Saturday (11 AM - 1 PM) doing ADAM demos. I'd love to meet any of you who can come!

dB

Archived