Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Laptop Flickers...

It's driving me nuts... Does this mean it's going to 'go out' soon...? Can I tweak it so it will stabilize...? If not, can it be fixed, affordably, or is it one of those 'cheaper to buy a new one' things...? BTW, It's a year-old HP Pavillion... I guess I could always rig up an external monitor, but what fun is that...? Any help would be appreciated... Bob Phillips 20to20soundesign

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Continually , but not 'timed'... It's a 'nervous' kind of random... And the 'intensity' of the flicker varies as well... Not sure on the warranty, I'll have to check... It's actually closer to two years-old, now that I think about it... Can the 'Backlight' be replaced...? Thanks for the responses, y'all... Bob Phillips 20to20soundesign

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

one of the weak links in a laptop is the ribbon cable that goes from the base to the LCD. Usually, by flexing the joint where the screen connects, it will exacerbate the problem. If that's the case, it may not be as bad or expensive as one would think. OTOH, unfortunately LCDs (and especially laptops) are not known for reliability. Maybe having a fair and competent repair shop look at it will give you the skinny on it. They might say "it's suchandsuch, and it will cost X".

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

I thought this was the title of an album... you know: [b]"My Laptop Flickers"[/b] Or [b]"And My Laptop Flickers"[/b] Sounds pretty cool to me. ;) Best of luck with your problem. I am going to go write the music to go with my new album title! :D - DJDM

Archived