Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do I turn off internal clock on Roland FP-8?

dissident

I don't have a manual for my Roland FP-8 digital piano. I'm having trouble with a MIDI interface and the company of the interface tells me to turn of the internal clock. Since I don't have manual I have no idea how to do that.

thank you for your help!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As previously mentioned in another thread I'm not sure that's what the problem is, or whether the FP-8 even gives you access to clock functions. With no digital I/O or any other syncable functions, I'm not sure why it would...

I know this may be an obvious question, but have you tried Roland's tech support?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

As previously mentioned in another thread I'm not sure that's what the problem is, or whether the FP-8 even gives you access to clock functions. With no digital I/O or any other syncable functions, I'm not sure why it would...

I know this may be an obvious question, but have you tried Roland's tech support?

dB

I'm trying to find a decent roland tech support but haven't yet.

Another thing, I think I'm pretty sure it's not a software problem. The midi sequencer has a little light that when connected to the computer and the keyboard turned on blinks at a certain frequecy. When I press a note on the digial piano the light blinks at a much higher frequency, which I suppose obviously means that a signal is sent from the keyboard to the piano. Now when I play on one key extremely fast the blinking goes back to the normal frequency, which I guess means that no signal is sent. I can do this even without having a MIDI app running on the computer.

Originally posted by dissident:

The midi sequencer has a little light that when connected to the computer and the keyboard turned on blinks at a certain frequecy. When I press a note on the digial piano the light blinks at a much higher frequency, which I suppose obviously means that a signal is sent from the keyboard to the piano. Now when I play on one key extremely fast the blinking goes back to the normal frequency, which I guess means that no signal is sent. I can do this even without having a MIDI app running on the computer.

Hmmm...

IIRC, certain pieces of gear (notably Roland gear) send out an intermittent handshake ID every few seconds that (as I understand it) does nothing other than IDs itself as being a Roland product. That's probably what's responsible for the MIDI indicator light blinking when you don't play it. I don't believe that should have any effect on whether the MIDI output works (well) or not.

Here's an idea - do you have the ability to MIDI the FP-8's output directly to another MIDI device and see what happens? Doing that would probably give you a good indication of whether or not the FP-8s MIDI output stream is your culprit...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Hmmm...

IIRC, certain pieces of gear (notably Roland gear) send out an intermittent handshake ID every few seconds .....

dB

This is one thing that drives me crazy about Roland and Boss products. My DR660 and all my Roland keyboards do this. I keep thinking my mod wheel is not centered correctly or some other problem. Then I have to remind myself that the channel blinking on my MTP/AV is one of the Roland channels. :mad:

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived