Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's the CHEAPEST sound card that can playback and record sametime????

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to say, I am surprised how many times the word CHEAP comes up on here. Music as a hobby OR a profession is not cheap, and many times, the difference between cheap and top of the line is about $50.00, especially considering computer parts. I really think when making purchase decision, you have to factor in SOME allowance for the value of YOUR time. Most people are a worth $5.00 per hour.So how long before the $20 sound card that has shitty support and is a bitch to install, becomes expensive..? Buy a better card...A poor man can only afford the best he can afford.

If you have NO OTHER PLANS than to record some song ideas and such, then go for one of the Sound Blaster Live cards. But if you have any intentions of recording some demos or making full arrangements of your songs by programming and recording stuff in the future: get a better card!! I think the Audiophile 2496 provides pretty good fidelity for the cash. I think it's about $200...

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

[quote]Originally posted by JoachimDyndale: [b] I think the Audiophile 2496 provides pretty good fidelity for the cash. I think it's about $200...[/b][/quote]Actually it's on sale at GC and Sam Ash for $149.00 this month,excellent drivers and converters for the money.But if you must cheap it The Montego 2 or Phillips cards are less problematic than the SB cards.However,even for those cards your looking at a whopping $30.00 price tag,for $10.00 you might have to settle for some string and tin cans.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived