Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tech question about the forums - to DB and moderators

Bubbajazz

I use Norton Internet Security, and I encounter an annoying problem when on all the MusicPlayer forums. At every page switch, and sometimes in the middle of just viewing a page, I am polled again for my password and receive a security alert. I know the easy answer is to remove my password from my Norton protected list, but...

This is the only site where I experience this. My question - why does this site need to continually poll for my password? If my password is embedded in my cookie (the only other possibility I could think of), isn't there a way to handle cookies that doesn't involve re-transmitting security information? Isn't there a way to eliminate or significantly reduce this? It seems a needless task, once I've logged in.

Thanks for providing a great place to hang, get advice, etc. I appreciate it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bubbajazz:

I use Norton Internet Security, and I encounter an annoying problem when on all the MusicPlayer forums. At every page switch, and sometimes in the middle of just viewing a page, I am polled again for my password and receive a security alert. I know the easy answer is to remove my password from my Norton protected list, but...

This is the only site where I experience this. My question - why does this site need to continually poll for my password? If my password is embedded in my cookie (the only other possibility I could think of), isn't there a way to handle cookies that doesn't involve re-transmitting security information? Isn't there a way to eliminate or significantly reduce this? It seems a needless task, once I've logged in.

Thanks for providing a great place to hang, get advice, etc. I appreciate it.

Been there. Check the calendar on your pc. Does it have the right date? Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by Bubbajazz:

Originally posted by Kcbass:

Been there. Check the calendar on your pc. Does it have the right date? Kcbass
I believe so. Time may be off by 5 minutes or so, but not significant. What does this affect?

If the time is off by too much, the server can't respond because the cookies will expire. Try clicking, Tools, click Internet Options, Privacy, and at the bottom edit Web sites. Enter the url for the site you are trying to reach. and click Allow. Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

Archived