Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's a Z1 worth?

Dave Bryce

Hi, guys -

I'm thinking of trading my Z1 (12 voice) to a friend of mine for his Alesis X2 console, because his X2 is in much better shape than mine, and I'll just use mine for spare parts. The Z1 is a cool synth, but it's not really my speed, and I never (ever) use the thing.

This feels like a good deal to me, but I want some reassurance. So, what do you guys think the Z1 is worth?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave:

Depending on its condition, I'd say it's value is between $700.00-$900.00. (At least, that's what they are going for on SonicState.)

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Hi, guys -

I'm thinking of trading my Z1 (12 voice) to a friend of mine for his Alesis X2 console, because his X2 is in much better shape than mine, and I'll just use mine for spare parts. The Z1 is a cool synth, but it's not really my speed, and I never (ever) use the thing.

This feels like a good deal to me, but I want some reassurance. So, what do you guys think the Z1 is worth?

dB

Make the trade.

Magpel, I have a Z1 and really like it. Use it all the time, as a matter of fact. Complements my K2000R and K2500x very nicely.

Gregg

Without music, life would be a mistake - Nietzche

QSC K10, Kurz PC3, K2500x, K2000R, Korg Z1, Roland A80, Roland S-750, 1970 MiniMoog, Synthi AKS, bunch of old rack modules.

Originally posted by Gregg Seibert:

Magpel, I have a Z1 and really like it. Use it all the time, as a matter of fact. Complements my K2000R and K2500x very nicely.

All right! The Z1 club grows.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I have the Korg memory card with the extra patch banks, I think it is called a ZB01. Anyway it has has some very cool sounds that really expand the usefulness of the instrument. Well worth getting if you already have a Z1. Many more 'synth' type sounds, useful for more electronic styles and soundtracks.

Gregg

Without music, life would be a mistake - Nietzche

QSC K10, Kurz PC3, K2500x, K2000R, Korg Z1, Roland A80, Roland S-750, 1970 MiniMoog, Synthi AKS, bunch of old rack modules.

I've got the 12-voice, which is fine for me becuase I seldom use it mult-timbrally. And I've got the ZSC-01 sound collection card. Hell, I love the Z1. It's an absolute blast to program.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I'd buy a Z1 if I could find a good deal. I used to trigger a friend's with my Axon AX100 and could get some really expressive sounds. I always wished I'd been able to put some time into really getting patches and settings worked out with that combination.

And I dig the pad :thu:

Originally posted by rocksynthman:

ill trade you either a nord lead2 or a korg x3 for the z1

No thanks - I have more than enough ROMplers and analog synths.

I need a mixing board that works, and that'll use ELKO connectors - my 2408 is light-piped to my ADATs so I can use either them or DP (although I mainly use the M20 for it's converters, which rock), and the ADATs are ELKO'd to the X2. Don't wanna rewire the studio... :eek:

My X2 is an old shallow pan unit, which is a nightmare. The incoming one is a deep-dish model. Gotta have it.

dB

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

Originally posted by joegerardi:

Dave:

Depending on its condition, I'd say it's value is between $700.00-$900.00.

That's exactly what I figured it was worth. Excellent. :thu:

Thanks, guys!

dB

Geez, Dave, I didn't think you'd take my word so readily...

That being the case, I'd say your JP-8 is worth about $200.00-$300.00 depending on condition. I'll shoot the wad and give you $300.00 for it! :D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

..Joe

Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

That being the case, I'd say your JP-8 is worth about $200.00-$300.00 depending on condition. I'll shoot the wad and give you $300.00 for it! :D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

..Joe

And a used red Andromeda is worth at least $100-150. Ahhh, what the hell... I'll give you $200 cash for it. :thu:

Originally posted by steadyb:

..Joe

And a used red Andromeda is worth at least $100-150. Ahhh, what the hell... I'll give you $200 cash for it. :thu:
Awww - c'mon - the #1 on the back of it should make it worth at least $250...

dB

Z1???? It that the prototype for the 240Z? I'll admit I can't find anything about it on Nissan's web site. What year did Nissan make it anyway. :D

Michael

Q:What do you call a truck with nothing in the bed,nothing on the hitch, and room for more than three people in the cab? A:"A car"....

Originally posted by tenthplanet:

Z1???? It that the prototype for the 240Z? I'll admit I can't find anything about it on Nissan's web site. What year did Nissan make it anyway. :D

Michael

I believe that the Z1 was the prototype to the stylish and like so So.Cal BMW Z3. :rolleyes:
"When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces,,...I just know they're about to jab me with something." -Homer J. Simpson

Archived