Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Off to Germany...

Dave Bryce

(Please note: Most of you know me as soapbox, but this post is under my real name.)

Dave, welcome home! I'm sorry to read about the Messe mess. What a drag! :mad:

I'm glad you made it back in one piece. I hope you can store up on a little sleep before you turn around for the next leg of The 2003 A.D.A.M. Show Floor Tour!

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

Since 911, you can get a room in Vegas for next to nothing except during trade shows.

That's true, hotel rates skyrocket when they expect to be full. However, attendance at the last few COMDEX and CES shows has been down quite a bit, and I'd bet the NAB show will also be down. So it may be possible to get a decent deal, especially since NAB is from Sunday through Thursday. (The rates for those days are way cheaper than weekends.) Here's a few tips you might want to consider;

- Hotels still offer combination airfare/hotel room package deals. The further in advance you reserve your package, the better your chances of finding a deal if you're flying here.

- If you plan on renting a car when you get here, book a hotel off the strip. Hotels like the Station Properties are as nice as the ones on the strip, but a lot cheaper. In fact, you may save enough money to pay for your rental car!

As far as the actual prices, they change like the stock market. Check this link for updated prices.

Travel safe! :)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

BTW - I, too, will be at NAB this year - we should all do a dinner one night and check out Steve's band... :thu:

dB

Cool! I'd look forward to meeting you guys. :cool: I guess I'd better get practicing! ;):D

Let me know when you guys decide what kind of food you want and what night. I'll do what I can to hook you up with a suitable eatery! ;)

Peace all,

Steve

><>

Steve

Originally posted by Valkyrie Sound:

Who's gonna keep me company in Vegas?

I was kinda loney last year.... :(

Ahem.

I guess I'll pretend to not be hurt by that comment. I thought our dinner last year was a very nice evening. Apparently, out of the two of us, only one thought that and it wasn't you. :(

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff

Cool, Jimmie. I'll do the same.

Great. By the way, don't bother looking for anyone named Jimmie on the floor. My name is Ken Cawley. (As I've posted in a few threads about our on-line handles, mine is from being a Jimmy Smith-wannabe.) I'll be hawking training in the Professional Services area.

Originally posted by JimmieWannaB:

By the way, don't bother looking for anyone name Jimmie on the floor.

Well, there might be some perfectly nice guy named Jimmie working for Sony, somewhere. Maybe I'll hang out with him. :D

Kidding...I'll look for you (if, like you say, I can escape from my own booth for a few minutes).

- Jeff

Archived