Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are you ready for some HOCKEY

Fat Chance

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by myself, back on page 3:

Yuskevich eh?! Good deal for Flyers, maybe. Pointless deal? Yeah, when its scoring thats needed. Only New Jersey have conceded less goals than the Flyers this season, so why sign a defenseman.

...and now Clarke goes and trades the rights to Yuskevich to Washington for a 7th round pick next year. Why does he (Booby Clarke) keep doing this? What's the point of it?

Rob, what do you think they should do with the goalie situation? Should Hackett be the number 1? It sounds like he will be but they're gonna try the sharing thing again and spilt the job between him and Esche - which we saw didnt work with Cechmanek & Boucher.

RIP Roger Neilson

Hatcher to Detroit. Nice move.

Drury to Buffalo. Poor guy, he should be one of the leagues biggest stars, why did Colorado ever trade him? Obviously a good move for Buffalo but I hope he has a brighter future ahead of him. (Go to Philadelphia Chris, follow the Orange & Black)

I still cant believe the move(s) the Avs pulled getting Selanne & Kariya. Kariya always said he wouldnt leave the Ducks until he did something with them. I suppose getting to the final counts so he stuck to his word.

We only need to pick one All-Star team this year, they'll play against the Avalanche.

John Scotsman

It's official...Hasek is back with the Wings.

I have money that says CuJo ends up with the Avs. Wait and see. Detroit is going to have to continue paying a portion of his $8M salary, though, and they just paid a bunch for Hatcher, so that will limit their ability to keep some of their expensive offense.

PLEASE let Federov come to the Kings!

- Jeff

Originally posted by Jeff the Weasel:

I have money that says CuJo ends up with the Avs.

:eek:

Oh, Lord, please, no. I suffered with Cujo when I was a Blues fan. The guy simply can't play in the playoffs.

Perhaps you have no need to worry. Here's the word from NHL.com :

Which team will be adding a new goalie? While the answer is unknown at present, several teams jump to mind when talking about trading for a top-notch goaltender.

With Jeff Hackett having recently signing on with the Philadelphia Flyers, the Boston Bruins will be linked to any talk of a potential trade for a goalie as the Bruins have a roster opening with Steve Shields currently holding down the fort and Andrew Raycroft as their top minor-league goalie.

A more far-fetched idea would be a trade between the most bitter of rivals - Detroit and Colorado. The Avalanche announced the retirement of all-timer Patrick Roy in June and recently added to their lineup in a big way with the signings of Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne. But the Colorado netminders - David Aebischer and Phillipe Sauve - are inexperienced. Could a blockbuster deal happen between these longtime rivals? Let's just say anything is possible, but not terribly likely.

Another Western Conference powerhouse that might entertain such thoughts is the Vancouver Canucks, whose No. 1 netminder, Dan Cloutier, is coming off summer surgery to remove a bone spur in his hand. Again, like a potential deal with Colorado, would the Red Wings trade with a team they figure to see at some point in the Stanley Cup Playoffs? And would the Canucks be willing to unseat Cloutier as their top guy? The answer again is not likely.

One of the most interesting scenarios that's been bandied about in the New York area has the Rangers making a bid for Joseph and then a subsequent trade of incumbent No. 1 Mike Dunham to the Bruins. It's an interesting concept, and one that would have hockey fans speculating feverishly on who would be going where.

- Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Well you knew the Ducks were gonna try something big after loosing career.

I havent seen the figures, but I'd imagine that all this is about on the Federov side of the deal is money. Oh, and the weather I suppose. Or maybe he thinks the Ducks are gonna continue to improve. I should read the interviews.

• 2 months later...

Sad news in hockeyland.

Dan Snyder died today from the injuries he sustained in the car crash with Dan Heatley. 25 years old...what a horrible shame.

Heatley will be out for quite awhile himself, between the knee injury in the car crash and the pending legal actions against him. It makes it worse that he was the league brightest new talent last year.

- Jeff

Did you see the car? The thing was sliced in half.

http://i.cnn.net/si/2003/hockey/nhl/10/05/snyder.obit.ap/p1_heatley_ap.jpg

Being a 22-year-old millionaire probably gives one a feeling of invincibility that few of us experience. Personally, I wouldn't be driving my 2002 Ferrari 80mph in a residential area, but that's cause I'm probably a little more aware of my mortality than Heatley.

- Jeff

Damn, that's nasty.

Here's wishing everyone (who is a Red Wings fan) a happy hockey season.

GO WINGS!!!! :D

**Standard Disclaimer** Ya gotta watch da Ouizel, as he often posts complete and utter BS. In this case however, He just might be right. Eagles may soar, but Ouizels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Archived