Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are you using reason for non electronic music?

Dr Teeth

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he is meaning more along the lines of tradition based pop music rather than blatently sounding electronica a-la rebirth 303 filter swept productions.

That said, this is just what I bought Reason for; to be able to realise my pop visions on the computer, because I was going to buy a Triton for just this purpose before a friend turned me on to Reason. It has surpassed my wildest expectations of what a computer can do with music! In the last day, I just got Ableton LIVE 2.0 and now I will see what I can do with this new thing!

This way, no, wait, that way!

For the price there is not much that can compare to it but it has always seemed to be based on electronic music. Now companies are releasing more general purpose libraries for it. I know Sonic Reality is supposted to release their Reason version of SonicSynth any day now. Libraries like this should make Reason more usable for non-electronic music.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Originally posted by Rabid:

For the price there is not much that can compare to it but it has always seemed to be based on electronic music. Now companies are releasing more general purpose libraries for it. I know Sonic Reality is supposted to release their Reason version of SonicSynth any day now. Libraries like this should make Reason more usable for non-electronic music.

Robert

Yes, I meant that... I want to make music that nothing has to do with electronica, or pop, or tecno, dance, and nothing of that. I dont know how to define my type of music because i dont know much about genres, but its a little ballad, some soft rock, disco, etc.
Rebuilding My Self

Originally posted by DJDM:

I saw this post and was excited because I love Reason. :D - DJDM

... however, I guess WE are not allowed to talk about it :D ...

Gus Lozada

... the M-Audio Guy

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by bastard child:

Originally posted by LatinMusic:

ballad, some soft rock, disco, etc.

http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/puke.gif
Hey man!! be patient with me... i dont know how to say the things, much less in english.
Rebuilding My Self

Hey man!! be patient with me... i dont know how to say the things, much less in english.

... he actually meant music like that from Kenny G and Yanni :D:D:D

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by GusTraX:

Originally posted by DJDM:

I saw this post and was excited because I love Reason. :D - DJDM

... however, I guess WE are not allowed to talk about it :D ...

Gus Lozada

... the M-Audio Guy

??? :confused: Not sure what you mean Gus? Are you under NDA or has Music player put a muzzle on you about your day job? :D

LatinMusic. Yes it will work fine for almost anything that you would need a synth workshop for. Disco and pop would be great. You may want to spend a little time auditioning Sound Fonts of Pianos and organs though. The organs are not bad but not great either and the Pianos are functional but not spectacular.

BUT overall? I would recommend Reason to just about anyone who needed a synth solution, particularly anyone that needed a solution that did not have a specific focus!

Best of luck,

- DJDM

Originally posted by GusTraX:

... he actually meant music like that from Kenny G and Yanni :D:D:D
See, that is why i love this guy... he understands me... :love::D

No, really a meant that. I need pianos, organs, and acoustic drums. Well i supossed that the included sounds are not so great, but i think the new sonic reality librarys should be great, no? I have heard sonic synth and it is just great. Could we espect the same?

Rebuilding My Self

Archived