Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anton Kuerti

Goldberg

I consider myself extremely lucky for last night. It all started quite a few weeks ago, when my piano teacher from Rice University informed me that Anton Kuerti would be coming to play the Sonata No. 13 (significant because I am learning that sonata) among other pieces. At the time I'm ashamed to say I didn't really know a whole lot about Kuerti. My teacher had mentioned him several times, but not in detail, and with only a few years of getting serious in the classical music world, I was still somewhat ignorant.

But, anyway, my teacher called early yesterday and said I should come early-a good thing we did too (we=my dad and I)-the line was amazing, to say the least! So, after an hour of waiting, the doors opened, and, being one of the first people in line, my dad and I managed to get "perfect" seats (we positioned ourselves on the left side of the first row, where we'd be able to "see his techinques" and all).

Needless to say, I was quite blown away by his preformance. Not only did he preform the Op. 27 No. 1 Sonata, but also the Op.110, Op10 No.2, and the "Appassionata". As an added bonus, the entire show was free!

I just had to share that with some fellow musicians. To be honest, the recital was actually the first time that I've seen a major pianist such as Kuerti preform like that, and to say that it was absolutely terrific is an understatement. Bravo, Kuerti!

"Bach is ever new"-Glenn Gould

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived