Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PREVIEW VOLUME 6!!!: Rate "Michelin Man's Revenge"

Dave Bryce

That's right - right here, right now, a PREVIEW of what's to come in Keyboard Compilations Volume 6! :eek::thu::cool:

Hot off the presses from the Griffinator, take a listen to Michelin Man\'s Revenge and tell us what you think!

As always, the artist is more than welcome to post any notes/comments/anecdotes about the tune...

BTW, for those of you who are wondering about V5, that's supposed to be another covers disc, remember? ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Griffinator, nice job with the sequences. I liked the break-out at 2:20. Interesting drum parts. Were any of the drum parts played on a real set? Sounded like a few parts were. Unusual reverb on them. Cool how you pulled it all together for the wrap-up. Very original, and a nice job.

Jazzman :cool:

Originally posted by BassGuy21:

But...... what happened to Vol. 5?

The current plan is to do another CD of cover tunes for Volume 5, like the one we did for Volume 3. So far, we've discussed doing an all-Beatles cover disc, and we've also discussed doing an unplugged-type covers disc.

No firm final decision has been reached at this time, but I have a feeling that it'll come up for discussion real soon now... :D;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Sounds warm and big as though from a soundtrack. Mastering for a techno release would have cut out some of the beefy lows and buzzy highs. Interesting how it changes grooves over time but maintains its tempo. Nice, complex arrangement of timbres and effects. Never gets stuck on one groove (techno boredom effect). What gear was used?

The Black Knight always triumphs!

OK, so two people have asked what I used, so I'll spill it...

Fruityloops 3.4, with a couple of VSTi's to create some of the later oddball tones (NI Pro52, Pentagon 1 and ReValver)

The rest is samples, soundfonts, and various FX :)

I didn't want to say anything until the reactions came in, as the mere mention of a prog like FL usually brings some very negative connotations to the table...

Sci-fi and trippy...just my cup of tea!

I don't really care for all the reverse key stabs - I think a couple would make it more special. I dig this track the most at the 5 minute break down with the funky bass/female sample right after the guitar. Cool tune!

Archived