Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FORUM CD: Rate "Roboghost"

Dave Bryce

As many of you know, we are currently in the process of doing another CD compilation of original material submitted by members of this forum.

As with the last original compilation, the entries will be posted for review by all of the members of the forum whether or not they have contributed a piece. With that in mind, please check out "Roboghost" (submitted by DJ Alloy and SP Gulliver), and tell us what you think!

If the artist of the piece would care to post any notes about the piece in this thread, they should feel free to do so.

Thanks for listening!

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NIN?? :eek: (just kidding) Why not? I don't have any of their albums but I've borrowed some of them over the time and always enjoyed them quite a bit. (Guess it's time to "upgrade" my CD collection once again ;) )

Ok. This one is the product of rather an unexpected collaboration... If you are curious, in this thread I told about my (then) future partner and our possible collaboration. Well, it happened. I finally took one of her (btw, shortest) "drum-tunes" and started adding things to it. So basically all the drums are done by DJ Alloy whereas I played all the harmonic and/or melodic stuff (+ incorporated some weird noises).

(Other weird noises already were present in the drum parts :D ).

I decided to go "minimalist" route 'cos that drum-skeleton a kind of invited me to do so. Truth to be told though, my first intention was to built a blazing prog-rock composition upon it, but when Alloy "caught" me while I was pretending to be Rick Wakeman her words were: "Hell, no! ...Just without those pervertions, please!" :eek::D:D

Thanks for listening! :wave:

I am back.

Looks like your partner had good judgement. I like it. The funky industrial if there is such an animal. Very Cool.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

• 2 weeks later...
I understand the NIN reference mentioned above; must be the bit crushing and spooky chords. Just a tad monotonous as a listening song, but well-suited for a soundtrack situation. I would have liked to have heard the track change over time to different samples, lay out entirely, etc. but what's there grooves nicely. Cool!!

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Dan South:

I understand the NIN reference mentioned above; must be the bit crushing and spooky chords. Just a tad monotonous as a listening song, but well-suited for a soundtrack situation. I would have liked to have heard the track change over time to different samples, lay out entirely, etc. but what's there grooves nicely. Cool!!

Yeah... I agree this one is on a monotonous side.

I'm glad you mentioned soundtrack thing though. Actually when we did it we thought of it as of a possible soundtrack for some computer game, or someting like that. Thanks for the feedback, Dan. :thu:

I am back.

Archived