Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just When My Nerves Had Begun To Settle Down A Bit�

lrossmusic

after 9/11, someone has started shooting people in my neighborhood. Right up the street from me a 72 year old man was slain Thursday night while he was just walking on the avenue. Earlier the same day, an hour and a half before I took my MT32 to the shop, a 25 year old woman was shot and killed in a gas station located maybe three or four blocks from the repair shop. Also two other of these sniper type murders occurred within a mile of my parents home in Wheaton, Maryland. So far there have been six victims since Wednesday and the authorities have few clues to go on.

I have never been in quite this situation and it does tend to change ones perspective somewhat on a lot a things.

The thought of a killer on the loose so close to home is a spooky feeling and Id be willing to bet that our average blood pressure in the area has probably skyrocketed.

Never a dull moment as they say. Anyway just wanted to write about it a little since writing and inter-reacting on these forums proved to be such great therapy during 9/11. I guess little by little we are becoming somewhat de-sensitized to all this madness that has increasingly become an almost normal everyday type thing just about everywhere.

I pray that that the situation will improve soon and for the victims and their families.

applicable Stevie Wonder lyric;

Loves in need of love today

Send yours in right away

Dont delay...

ps Im a big Stevie Wonder fan from way back. :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey man I was just reading about the sniper and looking at pictures from the scene on AOL news. I just can't imagine what you feel like living near that. People must be really scared. What do you do, stop all activity because a mad man is on the loose? I'm sure law enforcement is running full tilt up there. Hope they catch whoever is responsible.

Originally posted by Dan South:

Lincoln,

PLEASE be VERY careful until this homicidal maniac is caught!!!!!

Either that, or just for kicks, wear a white jumpsuit and paint a big target across your chest! Then you can hang around on the street and draw him out so that the police can get ready to bust him once you're shot.

Just remember to get one of them to lend you a BP vest first. ;)

The problem, though, with this sort of random, insane violence is that there's no way to know who/where/when they'll strike, therefore how/where/when are you safe?

Of course, we all want this nutjob down but it'll be a sheer lucky break catching them.

Hang in there bro. Must be scary to be that close to it. It's just so freakin' *random*! d is right, though, there's no way to know when/where you're safe. For all we know, the guy's in a car on his way to San Jose right now. Sheesh. :eek:

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

there's no way to know when/where you're safe. For all we know, the guy's in a car on his way to San Jose right now.
Yeah, this is another tough one. I sure don't envy law enforcemnt. The hunt for bin Laden, the anthrax situation, and now this, these folks have a very very difficult job. I just hope and pray, like everyone, that it won't continue. It took a long time to catch the unibomber but they finally caught him so it is possible a break may come sooner or later. Seem like that's our only hope right now.

Archived