Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland XV2020

Cezar20

Hello

Have recently purchased the above.

Using a PC running XP and Cubasis 3.0 to play back midi sequences.

I've set up all the individual patches and on their own when on SOLO it plays back fine.

How do I get them all to play back? The manual says it should be on performance mode. I've done this and it plays back different patches to the ones ive chosen.

On general midi mode it plays back....

It's fairly similar to a 1010. So if anybody could tell me what the four knobs should be set to, to have the whole arrangement play back, I would be most grateful.

Thankyou

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a 2020 but I've got an XV-5050 which is supposed to be similar. I don't know if I'm reading your post 100% correctly, but this might help.

Switch the 2020 into Performance mode and find a preset that starts with SEQ, e.g. SEQ:Pop. The SEQ performances are setup so that each part is on a different MIDI channel. By default, MIDI channel 1 is piano, 2 is bass, and 10 is drums. Try playing back your sequence with a few channels enabled and with no patch changes. Patch changes on the Roland stuff gets complex as there are many banks of patches and MIDI only allows 128 patches per bank. So in order to access other banks you have to send precise MIDI messages. I don't know if your Cubase is set up to do this, nor do I know if you're on a Mac or PC. Maybe someone who knows Cubase better than I do can help as to how synths are defined within it.

Busch.

Archived