Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Comments on clavia Nord Electro?

dissident

I'm intrested in getting both a rhodes and an organ. Is the Clavia Nord Electro something to consider. I haven't read many reviews and none on the Nord Electro Rack. Please post your comments on these, and say how much you payed for it. I'm also interested in other alternatives. I think the Nord electro seems pretty cool cause it has both a great rhodes and hammond emulator allthough I haven't heard or played one. Thanks!

-Robin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dig it. I think it nails the leslie, and the clav, rhodes and wurli are great. don't use cp70 and 80 sounds (don't like them on the original instruments) and the piano is so so (but that's not what you buy it for anyway.

I used to have a voce v5/motion sound r3147 combination to get the hammond sound. This is better overall (much more convenient) but I miss the tube warmth of the r3147. I got a little spoiled.

regardless, I highly recommend it, i like the electro. there's a yahoo group for it http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NordElectro/ in case you're interested

it rocks but the price really sucks your wallet dry... but if you cant afford an old leslie an old b-3 an old whatever, the electro would fit the bill nice and easy... think about the options and get an electro- if you really have the money.

I was really impressed with the Hammond simulation on it, Leslie included. The buttons instead of drawbars were more usable than I expected, but they take some getting used to.

The electric pianos had great effects, but the samples themselves, to my ears, were kind of lifeless. Realistic, but lifeless. The exaggerated velocity-switches on my Yamaha S-80, though less realistic, in some cases make a better statement in a live context.

We really need some modelled EP's in a sturdy hardware keyboard or module. Right now, I think that an Electro MIDI'ed to a PC2-R (Kurzweil) would be the best way to cover all flavors of meat and potato.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

Archived