Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How Many Bits And Samples For You?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by Groovepusher Sly: [b]I'm thinkin' I'm going to record at 24/48 for the forseeable future. What rates have you [b][U]settled on[/U][/b], and why? Sly :cool: [/b][/quote]Been at 48k/24bit for the last 2+ years. No SRC for me. I try to find the best damm D>A around when it's time to hit a CD.

I go 24/48 only if I am gonna mix it trough a console. These days I do most of my mixing in the box, so I will usually go 24/44.1. One less conversion step later.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Yeah I've been at it for almost 2yrs. now. I asked because of all the hoopla about 24/96 etc., etc., etc., lately. I wonder how many people are going for it who, probably shouldn't be. You need a lotta storage, and a lotta horsepower for the higher rates. I'm spending my money elsewhere. [quote]Originally posted by Jotown: [b]I go 24/48 only if I am gonna mix it trough a console. These days I do most of my mixing in the box, so I will usually go 24/44.1.[/b][/quote]Do you always know how the project will end up? As in being mixed on a mixer? Are the 24/48 tracks coming out of your DAW analog? I linda got stuck on 48k ‘cause I started out with ADAT’s. So I’ve always been sample rate converting. Except in a few cases where I ran a project at 16/44.1 all the way through. Sly :cool:
Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

[quote]Do you always know how the project will end up? As in being mixed on a mixer?[/quote]Yeah, it's a budget thing. I have a couple of clients who have deeper pockets than mine, so on their stuff I know it will be being mixed at a higher end place. [quote]Are the 24/48 tracks coming out of your DAW analog?[/quote]Yes sir.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Archived