Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help If you can PLEASE

Bare with me I am an engineer/player not a programmer. I have an emu esi- 32 that I use to trigger drum sounds with, I use the roland TDK-7 electronic kit to trigger, I just bought the yellow tools pure drums CD-rom ( akai format s1000) in the past I have no problems with my emu reading akai format, anyway , I cannot get the pedal on the hit hat controller to close the hat when it is open, if I push it down and hit the hat it triggers a closed hat sound, If I hit the hihat with out the pedal down it sounds it open, but if I hit it open and then push the pedal down it will not close it, ( It does close when I use other keyboard modules and discs) I don't know where to look in my emu to assign it to do it? any one know. Thanks

Pete

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete, make sure that your ESI-32 recognizes the S1000 hi hat program as a monophonic one. This aspect of conversion may not be handled properly by the E-mu sampler. It sounds as if you may need edit the Akai program, after loading it into the ESI-32, to make sure that it has a polyphony of one.

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Archived