Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite effect pedals?

daBowsa

I guess I ask because I'd like to know what people are using - as an ex-guitar player I've got a few stomp boxes lying around and have been trying a few of them out.

I'm really trying to nail the clav through a wah and am not too happy with my "Jim Dunlop's Original Cry Baby." What wah pedal do most people use to get that sound? My wah might just need a cleaning or something, but there's definitely some static that slips in the upper register when the pot is moving.

I also fiddling around with the orange Boss DS-1 distortion and the DD-3 delay. And chorus too - it just seems to make sense, rather than using the onboard effects in your keyboard and having to edit a patch, just to turn on a little chorus...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pedals I use all the time:

http://www.jamfree.com/images/rig1.jpg

(Right to Left) Crybaby Wah (with Q selector), SansAmp GT2 (overdrive, amp modeler), Danelectro Delay

Sometimes I use a Mutron (good luck finding one for less than $300) for Rhodes and Guitar, I have an MXR Flanger I use occassionally.

I use several pedals most of the time, including a Crybaby wah, Boss Tremolo and Digital Delay. The wah is the way to go for the funky 70's vibe on clav sounds. My RD-600 has auto-wah but the pedal has much more character.

It is fairly intuitive and musical to have several pedals available to apply to whatever patch you have up, rather than bothering too much with pre-programming the FX in the board itself. A lot of times I like to get the dry sound as good as I can get it (maybe with a bit of onboard reverb) and then add FX afterwards. Many times in studio settings, the engineer wants the keys dry (unless you are using wah or something like this to phrase the music). So if you assure yourself of having a killer dry sound, you can be ready to roll when recording.

Regards,

Eric

Archived