Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ISIS Soundcard Driver

Cezar20

I am running a PC with Cubasis 3.7 and a Guillemot Maxi Studio ISIS Soundcard.

I took my PC to a friend's place and therefore had to disassemeble various components including the ISIS' breakout box connected to the PCI slot.

When I booted up again, the Add New Hardware Wizard detected a new PCI Multimedia Device and prompted me to search for the driver for the device. I put the CD ROm in but it keeps on reading "Windows could not find the driver etc".

I have since reformatted the PC and downloaded the most up to date driver of the manufacturer's website but keep experiencing this problem. Asides from throwing the ISIS card away and buying a decent M-Audio card, what other solutions are there??

Please help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by cesarpunzalan@hotmail.com:

I am running a PC with Cubasis 3.7 and a Guillemot Maxi Studio ISIS Soundcard.

I took my PC to a friend's place and therefore had to disassemeble various components including the ISIS' breakout box connected to the PCI slot.

When I booted up again, the Add New Hardware Wizard detected a new PCI Multimedia Device and prompted me to search for the driver for the device. I put the CD ROm in but it keeps on reading "Windows could not find the driver etc".

I have since reformatted the PC and downloaded the most up to date driver of the manufacturer's website but keep experiencing this problem. Asides from throwing the ISIS card away and buying a decent M-Audio card, what other solutions are there??

Please help.

Argh. Plug and pray strikes again.

Try going into the system folder in the control panel and removing the driver and the reinstalling.

If this does not work try removing the card, rebooting, and then reinstalling the card. You may want to try a different PCI slot.

I have similar fun from time to time with my Core 2 card.

If you are running Windows ME you may be able to restore your system to an earlier state from before you visited your friend using ths system restore capability.

Also, check that all the connectors inside the box are securely in place - especially the power connector to the motherboard.

If this will help anybody else unfortunate enough to own an ISIS.

I reformatted the PC. Re-installed Windows. Opened the case and played around with the PCI card. Removed it. Blew it for good luck. Prayed hard to every single god, ALLah, object of worship imaginable. Removed all cables linked to the soundcard etc and attached them all back in their place securely.

Booted back up, and tried to install the driver once again. It worked.

Then I cried for all the time lost whilst doing all this and kicked myself harder than ever for not buying an M Audio card. It may prompt me to compose a new piece of music called I Hate you ISIS I really Do.

I might even sample me cursing at the manufacturers of this card. This thing CAN sample hey!

Originally posted by cesarpunzalan@hotmail.com:

If this will help anybody else unfortunate enough to own an ISIS.

...opened the case and played around with the PCI card. Removed it. Blew it for good luck.

What is this, the Bill Clinton of sound cards? As in "depends on what the meaning of IS, IS."

As I recall, someone opened his case, played with, removed, and blew his PCI card as well. But I don't believe it was for good luck. :eek::eek::eek:

Busch.

Archived