Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hey Jeff the Tascam Guy! Post?

Hi Jeff,

what's the story with Post Audio Media and Tascam? I got to get those sounds (for live on stage, no computers), trying to figure out the best way.

What can you tell me?

Thanks!

Ted

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as you probably know, TASCAM has owned GigaStudio for about nine months now. We also have taken on the distribution of many sound libraries that offer Giga compatibility.

In many cases, we have exclusive worldwide distribution of Giga-specific library titles. Michiel Post has been creating Giga libraries for quite awhile, mostly distributed here in the U.S. by a company called Bigga Giggas. For his own reasons, Post has decided that he wants to do his own distribution (through us), so while we're still happy to represent the Bigga Giggas titles, we've added a new company (Post Musical Instruments) to the Giga family for Michiel's own libraries.

Did that answer your qestion, or did I go off on a tangent like usual? :)

- Jeff

Don't you hate it when you're licking your fur and suddenly you realize you've got this giant hairball lodged in your throat? You know, and you have to make all those disgusting aaaaak sounds to clear it out?

I mean, I'm really Jeff and I'm at work right now. Yeah, that's the ticket. I am not a cat. No sir, not a cat at all.

- Meow

No, Jeff, I didn't know Tascam was distributing Giga at all, I didn't have any interest really in samplers until I heard those sounds.

It does appear that the very best of these Post sounds are for Giga. However I'm hoping for a solution that does not involve having a computer as such on stage, so I'm more in the Akai/Kurzweil direction at the moment.

Still with the sounds available for Giga, namely PMI Grandioso, maybe I should be learning more about Gigasampler and Gigastudio. Although I can't imagine using either on stage...

Thanks!

Ted

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

Archived