Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yeah! new (to me) McCartney CD - the russian album

LiveMusic

This past weeked, a friend had a CD I've never seen. I'm not sure of the name. It says CHOBA ? CCCP. That question mark is a character that is not an English language character. In tiny print, it says "the russian album." This is a rocker! I like!

From liner notes:

"July 1987: The third week in July and Paul calls upon two teams of likeminded British musicians to see if it is still possible to make sparks fly and record in precisely the same spontaneous manner as when Elvis, Buddy Holly, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Ray Charles, Chuck Berry or, for that matter, The Beatles knocked out more hits than Muhammed Ali despatched contenders.

July 20: The dynamic guitar artistry of Mick Green (the first in a line of great UK players that include Clapton, Beck and Page) was employed, together with hard-hitting support from everyone's favourite pianist Mickey Gallagher and drummer Chris Whitten from Julian Cope's band."

Says the album was released exclusively in the USSR on vinyl in 1988. All tracks recorded July 20, 1987.

Message from Paul to Russian people: "When I was young I asked my dad if people wanted peace. He said to me, 'Yes, people everywhere want peace -- it's usually politicians that cause trouble.' It always seemed to me that the way the Beatles' music was admired in the USSR tended to prove his point that people the world over have a great deal in common."

Contains:

Kansas City

Twenty Flight Rock

Lawdy Miss Clawdy

I'm In Love Again

Bring It On Home To Me

Lucille

Don't Get Around Much Anymore

I'm Gonna Be a Wheel Someday

That's All Right Mama

Summertime

Ain't That A Shame

Crackin' Up

Just Because

Midnight Special

Great album!

I have a live McCartney CD that I really dig... McCartney Live or something like that. It was a concert in Lancashire. I wish I could also find the Unplugged one he did. Or was that bootleg? Any idea how to get it?

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I used to have this record many years ago - it rocks! I've never seen the CD version, though...is it commercially available, Duke?

dB

Yep, Dave, it is. Here is the link -- The Russian Album at CD Now . If it doesn't work, search CD Now.

And this CD -- Paul Is Live -- does anyone know if this is a live album? I assume it is but it doesn't say.

And hey, they have the Unplugged CD! Yayyyy! I will buy!

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Yep, Dave, it is. Here is the link -- The Russian Album at CD Now . If it doesn't work, search CD Now.

Excellent! I'm in! Thanks, Duke!

And this CD -- Paul Is Live -- does anyone know if this is a live album? I assume it is but it doesn't say.

Yep. Good one, too. I've got it...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Archived