Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trying to look at sysex output from the cs6x... (S80?)

Rod S

Alright, here I go again diving into the obscure depths of this synth.

What I am trying to do: Set up my pc1600x to control parameters in the plg AN card... to try to get as much real time control as possible. Since I already have knobs for cutoff, res, and such on the front panel on the cs, no point duplicating this in the pc1600x. So all I have left is the assignable controllers 1-4. OK, I still have 12 sliders left :)

So I figured I'd try to program the sliders to control some of the other functions, which I understand can be controlled from sysex. So I switch on sound diver, to see if I can read the sysex output when I change the parameter, and then program the sysex message. Should work right? I know the wavestation SR.

Well, the only thing I get is note on/offs, bank/prog changes, and the front panel knob movements. Editing a patch doesn't send any sysex.

By the way, it's not just a PLG problem. Editing the regular voices doesn't seem to send anything either.

Is this just not possible or am I missing something? Anybody has tried this? Casey ? (You seem to be the most familiar with the S80).

I guess the next thing is to try to understand the sysex info in the manual.... :eek::rolleyes::cool:

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm still curious about receiving sysex.. but I managed to figure out it by myself.

The sysex charts are actually fairly easy to understand. I got it right in the 1st try... cool. I had been looking at the alesis charts earlier today and was clueless. The yamaha one was acually easy to figure out (for a change)

I still have to figure out which parameters are best to modulate... but that's the fun part ;)

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived