Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anybody else dig this band?

Death Cab For Cutie, I can't stop listening to them. I have since bought all their records, a first for me. It's rare that I can sit through a one single CD but I can listen to these guy's over and over. It's been my mission to turn on as many people to them. I dropped a sampler off to my friends at Ocean Way Studios now they're all digging on them. For those who haven't heard them, give them a listen, kinda low fi but hypnotic and great songwriting. Is any one else hip to them? Doug
overheard street personality on Venice Beach "Man, that Bullshit is Bulllshhittt...."

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by dougsthang': [b]Death Cab For Cutie, It's been my mission to turn on as many people to them. Is any one else hip to them?[/b][/quote]I hadn't heard of them. I listen to a couple of tracks off a website. My fave was this [url=http://music.barsuk.com/DeathCabForCutie_Wait.mp3]one.[/url] They didn't move me in any big way, but I could see myself likeing them. Actually they remind me a little of an American Music Club disc I have -which I like alot. Those AMC's sound if warmer and more produced. But Death Cab has that kind of slow dirge sound that I associate with mid-90's post-grunge sound (Cranberries, Smashing Pumpkins). They are definitely interested in their sound. Of the three tracks I listened to, the drums sounded totally different on each one.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived