Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

help with midi

big K

hellp all I use cubase VST , and a midi tech midi controler, (one with all the knobs), I am going into the computer VIA a sb joystick(midi) port. in cubase it seems to be sending way more info then it should. ir the midi input light goes no and flat out ot the top. I have recorded in to cubase before using a yamaha system and differant keys, and the "midi in" lihg tonly came on when keys were hit and only for a second.

when I look at the midi in cubase there are a tonof line , you can even see the notes in there unless you go in to the editor page.

do you know what is not working, (it may be the sound blaster stuff) or maybe it the continous controller messages.

better just to save the trouble and buy a midi man 2X2 or 4x4?

thank you all for your help, cheers and good night.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say this but it's very likely your miditech midicontroller. :( Mine sometimes gets the urge to send huge amounts of info for no apparent reason at all, and the low A key has become a kind of reluctant recluse. On the bright side, you may be able to help your problem- go into the midi input filter (forget what it's called in Cubase) and disable whatever CCs,ports, etc. you're not using, basically close all the doors except the ones you need. I do this when running Reaktor and thus avoid the flooding.

-CB

Originally posted by knemrava:

will try, but I think I will go back to where I gotit and see what they say first.

I'm very interested to hear what they'll say, aside from the standard disable-sysex-in thing like I mentioned above. Because I'm about to test the build quality of mine against a big rock- the signals it sends are too unstable. In programs that show incoming data you can see the numbers flucuating continually, only a little, but enough so that is completely useless with for example my Waldorf Pulse.

Maybe I just got a bogus unit. Not happy, but not as mad as my wife is going to be when she discovers that I've pinched her practice keyboard to use as a midi controller til I get a better one.

-CB

Archived