Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kick-Butt Music

Groeg

I need some help and suggestions for some music I'm looking for. I'm doing a demo for a company and they would like a piece of music (most likely instrumental and 1:00-2:00 minutes in length ) that is the latest cutting edge sound....whatever that may be....that is up tempo, something that you would hear on a Superbowl show, and something like the new Eclipse commercial. Also something that I could buy at my local CD store: not an import or anything like that.

It's an internal demo so I could use any music out there. They also mentioned the word "unusual" and gave an exapmle of maybe an older more traditional song that is recorded in a new style of today. (the first thing that came to mind was Steve Vai's Beethoven's 5th, but I don't think that's exactly it)

I figured I'd ask you guys since you're the best. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Groeg

Sound Designer,

Red Storm Entertainment

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff? Using a combination of Synth voices, some innovative programming, and ROMpler choirs, it could really kick butt!
Setup: Korg Kronos 61, Roland XV-88, Korg Triton-Rack, Motif-Rack, Korg N1r, Alesis QSR, Roland M-GS64 Yamaha KX-88, KX76, Roland Super-JX, E-Mu Longboard 61, Kawai K1II, Kawai K4.

Maybe you could try checking out Hybrid's "Wide Angle" or some of BT's stuff (some of the more instrumental tracks off "Movement in Still Life"...

Not sure which Eclipse commercial you're talking about - one was Wiseguy's "Start the Commotion," The other is "21st Century Boy," but I don't know who it's by.

Another prominent one that I heard for a while was Ladytron's "Mu-tron."

And believe it or not, there's some really good short catchy electronic instrumental tracks on the new Human League release, "Secrets."

Hope this helps...

Archived