Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

triton vs triton vs triton

Dr Teeth

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can give this a shot ...

Triton = touch screen , sampling ,expansion capibilities via cards , Floppy disk Now lower price points !

Triton LE = No touch screen , No sampling , no expansion ( you can add these features) . I truely like the stainless steel finish vs. the Triton finish . Uses smart media card ,

nice and light !

Triton studio ??? dB posted a few things under my post about hard disk recorder on the keyboard !

I know it has a CD drive ......hard drive ....records 2 tracks of audio anyone else ???? dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Triton Studio - Double polyphony, half for internal sounds, half for new piano ROM and expansion ROM. New 16 meg piano included in the expanded ROM set. CD/RW is an option, not included in base modle. (The other Triton thread has a link to some nice information IF you have a fast internet connection to view the video. Otherwise, check out korg.com

Triton LE - Question - Can it be fitted so that it accepts expansion ROM's? I thought the only expandable option was sampling.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

You're right...

Triton LE - no Sound Expansion Board capability.

Triton Studio - also is touted as having a much faster, more powerful processor. Internal 5GB Hard Drive. Up to 7 additional Sound Expansion Boards.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: felix ]

My understanding is that the internal hard drive is also an option. Hard drives make noise and make the unit more fragile. If you're planning to gig with it, I'd consider an external drive instead.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Dano already mentioned this, but Triton LE is basically a stripped down Triton. It's got the same rom, and basically the same synth engine. You only get 1 insert effect at a time intead of 5, and sampling is an option instead of standard. There is also no touchscreen, and it uses the cheap fatar keybed instead of the nice yamaha one that the Triton has. Am I missing anything else?

I've downloaded the Triton LE preload sounds and loaded them into my Triton. They're actually very good, considering the instert effect limitation.

and it uses the cheap fatar keybed instead of the nice yamaha one that the Triton has.

From what I was told at NAMM ALL Triton models will now use Fatar actions, including the 88 key models.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Originally posted by Chris100:

Dano already mentioned this, but Triton LE is basically a stripped down Triton. It's got the same rom, and basically the same synth engine. You only get 1 insert effect at a time intead of 5, and sampling is an option instead of standard. There is also no touchscreen, and it uses the cheap fatar keybed instead of the nice yamaha one that the Triton has. Am I missing anything else?

I've downloaded the Triton LE preload sounds and loaded them into my Triton. They're actually very good, considering the instert effect limitation.

Insert effects are a big part of the Triton sound. I'd think carefully about making this sacrifice.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Originally posted by Mike Martin - Kurzweil:

From what I was told at NAMM ALL Triton models will now use Fatar actions, including the 88 key models.

Is Fatar a good or bad thing ? Personally I would have a concern about this . If anyone has played the Fatar SL880/990 or 1100 series ...you may agree that the action is definately not on par with Yamaha hammer action . However , I think Fatar is producing a better action now ( more like yamaha , korg by yamaha ,roland) . I was in the Ketron booth and Ketron launched a new digital grand piano . The Fatar action was much , much better than any Fatar action I have played . Maybe Korg is using an enhanced Fatar action ? Did Fatar have a booth ? Anyone check out recent developments ? Dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

Fatar definitely has different grades of actions. The actions that they use on their own products are certainly very different from what Kurzweil uses. The variations used by Alesis and General Music are unique to those products as well. I did not have a chance to play a Korg product with a Fatar action at NAMM.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived