Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I am new in here. No experince in Keyboard, but I am interested about it!

Mugen

HI everyone. I am new in here. I have no experience with any form of music. Really want to learn keyboard years ago. I am 20 right now, Am I too old to learn it? Anyways, any suggestion to me? Want to buy a keyboard around $100-150 (either new or used). I know it is not a lot of money, but I hope this is good enough for me at least for my first year learning it. Any good suggestions? THank you :confused:

start to learn piano

Feb 2002

Bought a keyboard

EZ 30 on Feb 2002

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mugen,

Welcome . I would recommend saving a little extra cash and look at buying a Yamaha EZ30 . This $270.00 keyboard has an educational light guide system built in ! Much better than Casio system you may see advertised . You could get involved with playing and learning notes right away . I bought one for my kids . They are learning quickly . Adultis can too ! The keyboard will even annouce the note when you stike it ! Very cool and very worth it ! Check out Yamaha's web site .

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

thank you for your advise Dano. It sounds great.

hey Vi_An, this is a site that I really want for a long time. Thank you so much

[ 01-29-2002: Message edited by: Mugen ]

start to learn piano

Feb 2002

Bought a keyboard

EZ 30 on Feb 2002

Welcome, Mugen! Why not tell us a little more about yourself in our Introductions thread. We have a great community here and we welcome people of all experience levels!

BTW, I taught piano for a little while back when I was in my twenties. My best student back then was a middle-aged man who started as a complete novice and who wound up playing Beethoven Sonatinas in just six months! So, the answer is "no," you're definitely not too old to learn!

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Hi soapbox,

wow, people in the introductions thread wrote a lot about themselves. I am going to write it as well, but I will write it after I buy my first keyboard. I will try to find the Yamaha EZ30 in this couple of days. And thx for your support soapbox.

start to learn piano

Feb 2002

Bought a keyboard

EZ 30 on Feb 2002

Just check out the price of the keyboard. Higher than what I was expecting. It is $599 Canadian dollars, so around $399 US dollars. I am not sure places that buy keyboards, but I will keep trying in the next few days.

start to learn piano

Feb 2002

Bought a keyboard

EZ 30 on Feb 2002

Alright !

Select a song .

Use lesson #2 ( waiting)

You can choose left or right hand play . The keys will light up ( over keyboard) . Play the songs ! Have Fun !

GO to Yamaha website ! dano

www.esnips.com/web/SongsfromDanO

hey dano, I am having a lot of fun with it but it is really hard to play. I just use the Lesson 2 function and playing with it. Not sure how to use other functions yet. I am also learning some music knowledge from pianonanny.com . Almost finish reading all starter lessons. Thanks everyone. And I have introduced myself in the intro thread.

start to learn piano

Feb 2002

Bought a keyboard

EZ 30 on Feb 2002

Archived