Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I don't want a "Midi" merger box...but an "AUDIO" one..

Antonio7

I don't want a Midi merger...but a "AUDIO" merger.

I want a device to be able to connect a Sampler (yamaha A4000), and a Module/Keyboard (Fantom/Triton), to my arranger board with Speakers Technis KN6500. I play from home, and don't want mixing desks cluttering the Lounge up. So is there such a device/Box that can Input a Sampler & Keyboard (two instruments)to my Arranger Keyboard???? Like a "mini mixer". Wouldn't want to spend too much on this BTW :)

Thanks

Antonio

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Antonio7 ]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A tiny compact mixer wouldn't take up much space and would do the trick. There's some rackmount options, like the 1U line mixers from Rane or Ashley. Check out the Spirit Folio Notepad if you want to save some dough... this has mic pres too, in case singing ever gets into the act.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

I have a Rolls RM 203... not bad for the price. Good for hooking up multiple keyboards. 10 stereo channels, no mic preamps.

M-audio has some small mixers

http://www.midiman.com/products/m-audio/mixers.php

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Since you have 2 devices going into one, try the Rolls MX-28. It has 3 inputs and one output(all stereo). There are level controls for each input and a master level for the output. It even has a level on the headphone out. I've seen it selling for around $75(US).

Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK-1 + Ventilator, Korg Triton. 2 JBL Eon 510's.

Well, I've had a look for this rolls MX, and the other one, but can't find em antwhere in UK (searches etc). However, I found this, but am a bit worried that all my gear may come out in "Mono"

Its a

"Behringer MX602A", (see link), and they don't come more basic than this I wouldn't have thought

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/60.htm

Is it possible to link My "A4000 sampler" (4 outputs), a Synth (Fantom for example - which has NO INPUTS), and my KN6500 arranger keyboard (TWO inputs) up with this? - and have them all come out in stereo?

I'm not new to Piano's and workstations/Arrangers, but not messed with mixers before - not even cheap one like these (this will be about $70-80 Dollarls i would say.

Antonio

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Antonio7 ]

I was using a 10 channel BOSS mixer that did a good job. It is half rack size, outputs in stereo, has a headphone jack and even effects sends. When I moved up to a nicer, rack mount Tascam mixer I put the Boss in the closet because it will make a good sub mixer if I ever run out of channels on the Tascam. Sorry I don't remember the model of the Boss, it is at home and I am not. Being a half rack size it is small enough to stick anywhere.

Robert

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived