Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does BT have a web site?

Dan South

Does BT have a web site? I heard some of his stuff recently. Very impressive. Lots of layers, but everything's clean. Nothing gets in the way of anything else. I'm curious as to what sort of gear he uses.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dan South:

Does BT have a web site? I heard some of his stuff recently. Very impressive. Lots of layers, but everything's clean. Nothing gets in the way of anything else. I'm curious as to what sort of gear he uses.

Others have given you the web site, but you should definitely try to track down that cover story in Keyboard. It covers the gear he uses pretty well, but most of the article is his approach to audio editing. He is anal-retentive to the extreme in his editing of his beats (and I mean that as a complement)... as I recall, there was a sidebar that walked through some of the techniques he liked to use when chopping things up.

It's well worth a read...

-- jeff

FYI: The BT Keyboard cover issue was Novemeber. Don't ask my why, but the editors never re-purposed it up to the site.

Also, I met him briefly at the Music Technology Day in LA (Dave, please no commentary here ) a couple months ago, and he's really a cool guy. Knows quite a bit and has no eqo problems that I could detect......

Joe McDonough

Music Player Network

he's really a cool guy. Knows quite a bit and has no eqo problems that I could detect......

I agree. Met him when he came to Miami to play a show. He's very cool. I was particularly impressed with his unbridled enthusiasm for the technology. He starts talking about some new softsynth or plug-in, and sounds like a kid talking about a visit to FAO Schwarz!

Archived