Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Christmas gifts??

Robert Smedberg

Two hours to the Swedish infamous "Donald Duck" TV-show.

After that it's usual time to open all the gifts.

So what have you received or bought for yourself this Christmas?

I bought the Antares AVP-1 for myself. (yeah, flame on)

BTW. This is how we say merry Christmas in Sweden.

GOD JUL!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting really sick with this orgy of hypocrisy called the "Christmas Spirit", so this year I'm just giving and accepting gifts from non-profit firms that gives their dividends in order to help the large majority of the world, which is mainly starving. (I don't know if I used the right English terms, but I hope you got the point!)

With one exception - I have a completed CD of classical music, commissioned by a national magazine, which was never published 'cause they went bankrupcy while I was recording it! (aaarrrggghhh) So I'm making copies of that to give to friends.

As for me, I'm content with the Yamaha AN1x I bought about a month ago - I've been so busy that I still wasn't able to spend some time with it! So I guess that's what Santa brought me.

Carlo

Originally posted by marino:

I have a completed CD of classical music, commissioned by a national magazine, which was never published 'cause they went bankrupcy while I was recording it! (aaarrrggghhh) So I'm making copies of that to give to friends.

I would very much like to have a copy of that!

I'll tell you what - I'll send you one of my recently completed CDs if you'll send me yours... :)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Originally posted by Dave Bryce:

I would very much like to have a copy of that!

I'll tell you what - I'll send you one of my recently completed CDs if you'll send me yours... :)

dB

I would love a copy too.

...and I'll send you one of Dave's recently completed CD's as well.

steadyb

I got GigaStudio 160 for myself and put some of the cheaper sample CD's on my christmas list. When I get my tax refund I will consider either an A6 or Supernova II keyboard. I want something I can sit down with, no computer, no rack, no seperates, just me and one keyboard that I can explore. I love sound creation but don't really enjoy it as much on Reaktor or the Nord Modular. I want real knobs that always do the same thing.

Oh, I guess I will buy an expansion ROM for my emu XL-7. Since I bought mine before they price drop they will give me $200.00 of any expansion ROM if I fax them my receipt. Not a bad way for a company to treat it's customers. Just glad I never bought a K2600 before seeing the price drop around $2000

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: Rabid ]

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

I put up my wish list with model #`s and brands. Don`t know whats will be under the tree but the local music stores number keeps showing up on the 'caller id'. Either I getting some things off my wish list or my wife is dating a guitar saleman behind my back. Casey

"Let It Be!"

Originally posted by steadyb:

I would love a copy too.

...and I'll send you one of Dave's recently completed CD's as well.

steadyb

Very funny, steady... I have indeed a finished Bach CD that was commissioned to be sold in newspaper stands etc. at about Christmas time of the year 2000 (Bach's death anniversary). It's played half with acoustic piano, half with synthesizers. I went thru hell to finish it in time, but then they just closed the music departement! :mad: I'm looking for another publisher now, but still no good offers. (I'm in no hurry though)

Dave, I would love to hear some more of your music. I could send you a copy of my Bach CD in the same package of my submission for the cover CD; then, you could send me a copy of yours with the finished cover CD (not too late, I hope!).

Thinking about it: If steadyb would like a copy too (um, were you serious, steady?) I could include another copy of the Bach for him, and you (Dave) could include THAT with HIS cover CD... Um' it's getting a big knotty... It's up to you Dave, if you're willing to act as our "CD post office"... :) Or we could just leave steadyb out of the picture - after all he doesn't have a CD to offer :D (I'm just kidding, all right?)

BTW if somebody is interested in this project, at my site there are the full story and a few mp3s. Go to:

www.carlomezzanotte.com

and visit the "Highlights" and "Music" sections.

Carlo

Thinking about it: If steadyb would like a copy too (um, were you serious, steady?) I could include another copy of the Bach for him, and you (Dave) could include THAT with HIS cover CD... Um' it's getting a big knotty... It's up to you Dave, if you're willing to act as our "CD post office"... :) Or we could just leave steadyb out of the picture - after all he doesn't have a CD to offer :D (I'm just kidding, all right?)

Yes I was serious, I would love a copy. (I could offer you a blank CD, then it could be whatever you want it to be. How many CDs can claim that?)

I live close enough to Dave to pick it up from him. Plus I'll be seeing him at NAMM.

steadyb

Originally posted by steadyb:

I could offer you a blank CD, then it could be whatever you want it to be. How many CDs can claim that?

steadyb

HA HA - No thanks, this joke is more than enough :D

I'll send two copies to Dave then.

It's 4 a.m. here - time to go!

Merry Christmas again to all :)

Carlo

I could send you a copy of my Bach CD in the same package of my submission for the cover CD; then, you could send me a copy of yours with the finished cover CD (not too late, I hope!)

Better idea - I'll just send you one of my discs. It'll be my pleasure to do so.

I look greatly forwards to getting yours!

Speaking of CDs...yo, LeBlanc - where's that JamFree disc, boyeeeee? ;)

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I did not get anything musical that was on my Christmas list except a book for one of my music programs. My dad did give me enough money to buy that Roland RD-700 or Supernova II rack I have been looking at in my dreams. Funny thing, if he thought I was going to spend it on a musical instrument he probably would not have given me the money. Oh well, I spent the night thinking about which one to buy, then got my car insurance bill in the mail this morning. Oh well. He will be happy to know that he paid my insurance bill. I have enough left to buy a few small things that were on my list so I spent some time on the net this morning. I settled on

160 DB refill for Reason

Quantum Leap Guitar and Bass for GigaStudio

Native Instruments B4 (time to move past the demo version)

2 Charlie Brown song books.

Life Between the Lines CD by Laurie Z.

I will probably be just as happy with these items as I would with a new RD-700, and I spent much less money.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Archived