Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

oxygen 8 midi controller?

KikkyMonk

Have you guys checked this thing out? A cheap keyboard with 8 knobs and 2 octaves for a nice price. Although it's not by any means feature laden it definatly fits the bill for punching notes into your puter.

Are there any other cheap-er midi controllers that fit this bill? I mean that has knobs and keys? I would like the oxygen 8 but the 2 octave thing strikes me wrong... although i think it would be usable considering the price

I am currently in the market for a midi controller for reason because I just bought it. Any suggestions would be appriciated

Dave

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are there any other cheap-er midi controllers that fit this bill? I mean that has knobs and keys? I would like the oxygen 8 but the 2 octave thing strikes me wrong...

Yes, there are others, like the Evolution MK249C USB keyboard controller, with 49 keys and 12 continuous controller knobs. It also has pitchbend and mod wheels and an LCD. You can see it here:

http://www2.marsmusic.com/store/product_new.jhtml?catid=8&prodid=15144&skuid=0

Anyone heard any more about the Reason controller from Novation - like when it's going to ship?

The only thing I don't like about both keyboards is that the controller knobs are on the right hand side of the keyboard. I don't know about anyone else; but I'm more likely to twist knobs with my left hand while playing with my right hand, rather than the other way around.

I can see why the Oxygen 8 has the layout it does because of space considerations, but I don't understand why the knobs are so far to the right on the Evolution.

With this layout, I'd be more likely to overdub filter sweeps and whatnot during a second pass devoted exclusively to knob twisting. It's not a deal breaker, but it's unfortunate IMO.

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Archived